TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Haswell to be Intel's last swappable CPUs?

By Matthew
Nov 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. As personal computers become smaller, their flexibility is decreasing. According to a media report starting from code-named Broadwell generation of processors, Intel Corp. will only offer mainstream desktop chips in BGA packaging, which will eliminate upgrade options as well as...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

I think the whole island thing is obvious. a rise in the sea levels in that area, or the erosion of this "sandy (hint hint) island."

3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

This is stupid... how much e-waste are we going to create in 2014. it's not like there isn't already enough e-waste being dumped at third world country that comes with the price of major health issues.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

Some people seem to be making use of it !

The first world have been in love with the idea of designed obsolescence and retail therapy for longer than I care to remember. Not content with turning religious holidays into sales opportunities, some countries also have to invent consumer festivities (e.g. Black Friday sales and the like)...somehow I don't see the shopping habits changing.

5. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,026   +154

unless the story futurama foretold about humanity sending garbage into space and many years later the garbage came back. :)

TechGamer likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.