TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Installing Duke Nukem 3D on your PC

By Matthew
Sep 26, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. How to install and play Duke Nukem 3D on your PC After 13 years in development, Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming to consoles and PCs in 2011. What better way to celebrate than by playing through Duke Nukem 3D? You won't be able to just pick up and play a game from 1996, though -- here's how to use DOSBox to bring back the King. PCWorld

Read the whole story

2. That sucks for all you french people. Im sure america will be this way soon too.
    Say goodbye to public piracy as we know it.

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Pirates always find a way. Trust me.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,901   +712

This Mr Freedman is aware that AMD's x86 license is non-transferrable..right? So a theoretical buyout of AMD would be for some IP and it's graphics division. Likewise an nvidia takeover on the basis of acquiring Tesla GPGPU and CUDA seens a little far fetched. And as IBM's chip business is more or less a direct competitor to Oracle's SPARC T3 (8 core/128 thread) CPU..I'd have to say good luck with that...say Hi to the SEC and FTC from me when they meet up.
    Surely Fujitsu would be the logical acquisition.
    No doubt Mr Freedman's previous investments are now paying dividends....

5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

6. Dosbox is way wrong for playing Duke 3d. eduke32 is the best way if you have a good machine, as you can use the hi-res texture pack with it and make the game look quite good (appox. 2002 gfx with better lighting/shading and hi-res.) There is even a DX10 hi res pack coming, and it looks quite awesome.

7. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,684   +60

heh I used dos box to go back and play oregon trail and that game where apes throw bananas at each other. Duke Nukem 3d was one of the first games I ever played on pc

8. en0nym0us

en0nym0us TS Member Posts: 70

There is also an application called Yang that helps you to network duke3d games and play online.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.