TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Only IE 9 offers full GPU acceleration

By Matthew
Sep 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft: Only IE 9 will offer full hardware acceleration With various browser makers touting their half-baked attempts to add some form of limited hardware acceleration to their products, Microsoft today fired back with a detailed explanation of why its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 will be the only browser to support full hardware acceleration. SuperSite for Windows

Read the whole story

2. Stonos

Stonos TS Rookie Posts: 29

3. I read a review where Firefox's HW accel. is actually better (or faster) than IE9's.

So, if thee previews will use the same HW accel., then yes Microsoft, I gues I'll stick to my "partial" HW accel...

4. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

That Dead Space 2 multiplayer video is kicka$$, i just finished Dead Space 1 last week

5. posermobile89

posermobile89 TS Rookie Posts: 72

So, according to the digital resale article, if EULA's are so binding, if apple says you cant jailbreak you iDevice, and they discover you have, can they sue you? (or other situations like this, just thought of this because apple wants jailbreaking illegal, even though it was just ruled legal)

6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Those IE9 platform preview pages looked pretty neat.

Bringing the phone experience to a computer near you.

So where are the touch input "pads" for computers? I don't want to put fingerprints on my monitor.

7. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 972   +52

IANAL, but Jailbreaking and reselling software or hardware with embedded software are two different situations covered by most software EULAs, with there own separate sections (though the later is usually much more plainly written). In most cases, all a company can really do (or rather, what they'll usually do at most) is void any and/or all applicable warranties when it comes to jailbreaking, especially with the Jailbreaking exception recently added to DCMA.

8. posermobile89

posermobile89 TS Rookie Posts: 72

Alright, I was just curious if the EULA coverage was different between thing like that

9. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 972   +52

If you're curious, you can look at the 2009 iphone EULA (not sure if its still current):
    http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iphone.pdf

Section 2 part C and Section 3 refer to "tampering/reverse engineering" and software/hardware resale respectively.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.