TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: SOPA hearing resumes next week, not in 2012

By Matthew
Dec 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Congress to resume SOPA hearings next week The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will continue its hearing on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) on Wednesday, not until after…

Read the whole story

2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,900   +711

The 6990 is 30% faster than 6970 ? Whatever Fud, whatever.

One year HDD warranty ?
    Instilling confidence, Seagate ?

/you're doing it wrong.

3. A very D1CKy move there WD

4. Eddo22

Eddo22 TS Enthusiast Posts: 156   +6

Agreed. Dumb move WD.

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,900   +711

6. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

People with 6 digit paychecks want me to lose my internet freedom so they can keep their pockets filled with money?

Gee, let me think abou- NO.

Piracy barely makes an impact on anything, and even if it did it's still wouldn't be reason enough to have the entire internet censored because some lobbyist prick said it should be.

7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Yeah that makes no sense. But if it really is only 30% faster than a 6970 it's not very impressive and probably won't be good value.

8. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Why would WD do that? All lowering the warranty period does is throw up uncertainty about the build quality of new Blue and Green drives. I know I'll definitely be thinking twice if I need to buy a new HDD from WD.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

Then if you follow DBZ's link you'll find Seagate have done the same but cut it by 2 years! so you only get 1 year warrenty?!

10. Guess who owns our 'you can't buy my vote' Congress? It's a done one deal ... move on.

11. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Seagates quality went down the toilet once they hit the 1TB mark. I haven't touched a Seagate HDD since then.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.