TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Titan SLI scaling, secrets of a trailer guru

By Matthew
Jun 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Back when I had Origin’s tri-Titan equipped Genesis in house, I received a few requests for benchmarks with PCIe 3 enabled. Because we tested the system with its default out of the box settings, the system was configured by default...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

PCIe 3.0 doesnt seem to improve anything with 1-2 GPUs. I think they should have tested 3 way SLI to confirm this.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,970   +586

Didn't they say it was impossible to use more than one full PCIe 3.0 in that configuration? They delayed publishing anything because they couldn't accomplish this.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,941   +725

Depends which board you're working with. Not all X79's are created equal.
    [​IMG]
    (RIVE)
    Although I think you'll find that registry hacks don't figure in HWBot's submissions, so until the X79 chipset is actually qualified for PCI-E 3.0 (by Intel), most quad setups (being benchmark orientated) would likely feature PCI-E 2.0.

For tri-SLI there is actually a non-hack option available. The Gigabyte X79S-UP5, despite the name, is an Intel server chipset (C606) which is qualified for PCI-E 3.0, as are the Xeon E5's the board is compatible with.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.