Weird mouse problem!

By TonyH
May 3, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My system was:

    A7V133 mobo, duron 850, 256 MB PC150 Kingmax sdram, geforce 256 DDR, Western Digital 40 GB
    HD, Western Digital 8 GB HD, 36X diamond data cdrom drive, Sony CRX160E CD-RW, vibra 128 sound card, Intellimouse Explorer, 300W power supply.

    I'm dual booting Win XP and Win 98 SE.

    Everything was working OK till I upgraded.

    After updating my bios to version 1009 (athlon XP support) I replaced the following:

    Duron 850 with Athlon XP 2000+ and Globalwin WBK38 fan (bloody things's too loud!), vibra 128 with sound blaster live! 5.1

    Windows XP works fine. My problem is with windows 98 SE.
    My USB intellimouse explorer won't work (serial mouse works OK) unless I set the cpu speed to 1250 mhz in the bios. It refuses to work at the athlons maximum speed (1667 mhz)
  2. TonyH

    TonyH Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

    Don't worry guys, I downloaded a patch from microsoft which fixed the problem.
  3. Rick

    Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

    I had actually considered suggesting that, but I was so clueless about your problem that I thought that was too much of a shot in the dark. Good to see you got it fixed though. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.


Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...


Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.