Weird Vista blue screen please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucatchbob

here is what it said after i booted up again. This has happened to me several times. 6 total 4 in one day plz help:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002426B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60017E7798
BCP4: FFFFFA60017E7170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082709-03.dmp
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-76268-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\WER878.tmp.version.txt

again i dont know whats wrong so please help me!

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082709-03.dmp

you can attach this minidump file to the thread and someone may be able to debug it for you.

what is the last change you made to the computer? did you recently install a new driver, or maybe install some new RAM?

what is the last change you made to the computer? did you recently install a new driver, or maybe install some new RAM?

I havent done anything new to my computer. Oh one more thing just recently Trend Micro detected a cookie that just wont go away. its called "cookie_atdmt". I dont know if that has anything to do to it but it could help and i cant upload it, it's too big.

The .dmp is too big? That's weird. If you are having problems with a cookie, you can use CCleaner to clear them all out or just use the Disk Cleanup feature in attempts to remove it. I highly doubt a cookie is responsible for the BSOD, but I suppose it could happen. Maybe run a system scan or registry scan for problems...

Does the BSOD itself list or make reference to any file(s) in particular? If the BSOD only appears for a split second, you may need to disable Automatic Restart.

well i have tried ccleaner to remove the cookies but when i scan with trend micro again its still there. how do i disable automatic restart so next time bsod appears i can read it?

should be a similar procedure in vista... but where it is i can't be too sure though as i am on XP

start in control panel, then find the system settings. on XP there's an advanced tab where the section "startup and recovery" is. pressing the settings button in that section will reveal a new window where you can deselect Automatically Restart on Error. i don't remember exactly how it's set up on Vista but it actually might be the same. if you can't find the checkbox let me know... or just Google it.

Ok i just got bsod and it didnt say nothin about a file but listen to this i know what caused it. It happens whenever i close the lid. how odd is that? even if i put it into sleep mode close the lid and open it again it will get BSOD. i dont understand?

that is weird, usually all the lid does is trigger the screen to shut off when it's closed. i wouldn't think that would have anything to do with software at all, unless there is a driver conflict with the screen or something. which brand laptop do you have? i've heard of blue screens being caused when the computer comes out of hibernation, but just closing and opening it shouldn't prompt a serious error.

i use a dell studio 17 inch with four gigs of RAM, its a 64 bit. 2 GHz, a core two duo CPU the graphics card i use is a ATI mobility Radeon HD 3650. those are my specs

all fixed guys. thank you for your help. all i did to fix it was choose a restore point and viola all fixed. i turned automatic updates off and its all good thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back