TechSpot

What do you think is better: Tuners, Muscle or Exotics?

By GN48
Jan 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone, just wandering what you guys call cars. Oh and this is for both racing and street cruising.

2. BluStang05

BluStang05 TS Rookie Posts: 30

Muscle all the way!!!

3. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Honestly? Everything...

It all depends on the specific car and driver.

My preference?
    Muscle, Specifically Mopar.

Cheap to build, engines were under-rated, and some wonderful suspension.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

No argument here. A 90 degree V8 is a damn straightforward piece of machinery.
    Horsepower is dependant on where in the power band you are, Torque however is forever.

Having briefly owned a '71 New Yorker I can attest that not all suspensions are created equal tho.

5. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 217

i would say muscle as well, nothin like a good ol set of wheels with high horsepower.

6. MarkHughes

MarkHughes TS Booster Posts: 71   +24

I like them all... But I would rather look at (and listen to) a muscle car rather than an exotic one.

7. ucould2

ucould2 TS Guru Posts: 271

I like cars that sound "right" for what they are
    < Tuners are not V8s ( so many try to emulate that exhaust note / the full throttle air intake suck or God forbid both! )
    < Muscle cars require registration so are not "drag way" cars (130dB is not a cutie pie)
    < Exotic 911 Porsche Carrera (not from an owners point of view) BUT as an automatic please, just park it over there you should be ashamed of your heritage or leave the thing in first gear already. :)

8. esmac1988

esmac1988 TS Rookie Posts: 16

Muscle! Sure they're polluting, gas guzzling monsters with terrible suspension for anything but cruising the streets by today's standards. But you cant beat that sound and those body lines.

9. 8bit

8bit TS Rookie

Something like the Pantera that combines all 3 in one is cool.