What games did you start but never finished?

Vollezar

I am playing Metro 2033 right now. I started to play the game when it came out, but never finished. This time I hope I will. I also never finished, but really want to:
Dirt
Doom 3
Prototype
Cryostasis
GTA IV
Amnesia
Penumbra

Which games did you start, want to finish, but never actually did.

Love that one and the sequel.

I guess I'll have to restart Metro yet again. I just lost everything but my OS drive. Ahh the days when books were the only form of fun. Oh, God am I that old.

Wow...now this list is long and I can't even remember half of the games which I haven't finished...I'll just throw the games that I remember here :)

- Fable Lost Chapters
- Oblivion
- Metro 2033
- STALKER Clear sky (my PSU blew while playing this)
- C&C Tiberian Wars 3 & Tiberian Twilight 4

The games above I'll finish when I get a new rig that actually works :D
And then the games below I'll most probably finish...unless some one of you can convince me otherwise ;)

- Dirt 1 & 2
- Devil May Cry 4
- Fuel
- C&C Red Alert 3

Had a Club3D Radeon HD5670 that died so I got a XFX Radeon HD6580 instead "on" warranty :D
Anyways...I had a 500W PSU...or was it maybe 550W...not sure...but it whined and whistled and what-nat and then it literally blew up and semi-killed my mobo. :/

Almost all my games I have completed over 5 times, most prominently Halo, Fable: The Lost Chapters, NFS: Most Wanted, Battle Engine Aquila, Gunmetal, Warcraft 3 (all), Soldier of Fortune 2, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Max Payne 2, Sudeki, Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, and a few more.
However, some I started, but for reasons I dont recall, never completed. Mainly:
Hitman 2, NFS-UG2, Echelon, Star Wars Clone Wars, Penumbra, Amnesia:DA. And also FEAR2, I think.

Had a Club3D Radeon HD5670 that died so I got a XFX Radeon HD6580 instead "on" warranty :D
Anyways...I had a 500W PSU...or was it maybe 550W...not sure...but it whined and whistled and what-nat and then it literally blew up and semi-killed my mobo. :/

Oh damn.

Almost all my games I have completed over 5 times, most prominently Halo, Fable: The Lost Chapters, NFS: Most Wanted, Battle Engine Aquila, Gunmetal, Warcraft 3 (all), Soldier of Fortune 2, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Max Payne 2, Sudeki, Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, and a few more.
However, some I started, but for reasons I dont recall, never completed. Mainly:
Hitman 2, NFS-UG2, Echelon, Star Wars Clone Wars, Penumbra, Amnesia:DA. And also FEAR2, I think.

I never did finish Max Payne 2. Would like to try the third one. I tried Hitman (first, second and Blood money) but never could get into them. I like stealth but I just couldn't get the feel of those games.

...if you liked Max Payne 2 then you just have to try Max Paine "1" also! ;) ...and also Fable 3 even tho ppl mostly say that Lost Chapters is way better...but I still like Fable 3 so I recommend it too :)

Lol, yeah, I've played Max Payne 1. Just that completed it twice, and 2 more that 5 times, hence the mention.
I didn't really like Fable 2 & 3. Lost Chapters was simply my kinda game, so I never get bored of it. I never completed the Collect the Hero Dolls quest, so I always try to. Maxed out everything else!

Oh also a few games that I can play over and over and over again...Fallout 3 (incl. dlcs), Fallout New Vegas (incl. dlcs) and Skyrim :D

Spore for me as well, the space stage dragged on endlessly. Also Half LIfe 2. I got about 3/4 the way through it, and got kind of bored.

I did finish HL2, But I do agree that it does get boring after a while and there is no re-playability. Lot of good mods for it though.
Fallout 3 and Fallout NV are great. I was just replayed both of them again.

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
Bioshock
Morrowind (loved the game but man did it eat my time!)

On the other hand I have played the original Divine Divinity 3 times and NOX at least twice. :)

Call of Duty Black Ops.

I'm sure it was for a lack of imagination on my part, but ACOG sights in 1961 and exploding arrowheads just killed it for me. The loss is mine, of course.

Oh, that reminds me...COD4...never finished it and never will, I have how the enemies has these fixed spawn points and how they re spawn until u get past a certain point...even tho then their spawn points just gets moved -______-

Any of the Ratchet & Clank, Daxter, etc. I know hard games, but these ones are not my type.

Been trying to finish WarZone2100, Battle for Wesnoth, and FreeCiv. I like the turn-by-turn and RTS.

I've been trying to complete the bioshock series for awhile. Also I started half-life 2 but I doubt I'll ever finish it.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - I didn't like the story.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The story is very cool, but the game is way too easy and the bugs ruined it for me.

There have only been a few games I've stopped and haven't gone back to complete. One is Jericho. Another one - and I'll probably get flogged for this - is Assassin's Creed. I felt pretty bad about it too because I wanted to like it, and the story seemed interesting, but I couldn't get into the gameplay. I did enjoy Brotherhood's online multiplayer though.
I do see myself possibly going back to finish both at some point, but it's not a priority for me.

Penumbra: Black Plague is a lot better than Overture. You should definitely finish the first and try it out.

I can't start nor finish Skyrim. Though I finished the prologue, the next day I can't even touch it again. I don't know if there's a disorder regarding this.. Gamer's Block? :p

I forgot to mention Modern Warfare 3 too. I feel sorry not only for an unfinished business, but double posting as well. Apologies. :(

Back