What is the best anti-malware

nickc

Well I just stated the question, what is the best anti malaware today and could some one give me a link for it.

I recommend malwarebytes anti-malware or SUPERantispyware
you can download from techspot's download section-->security-->antispyware :)

As my point of view Avira anti-malware is best anti-malware for securing your computer.I always use this anti-malware its scan the computer and fix the virus its also work very fast and easy. This anti-malware software is also available in trial version.
Everybody has their preferences. I tried Avira a couple years back & got tired of the dozens of pop ups I was getting so I quickly dumped it.

I use Superantispyware, Malwarebytes anti-malware, ,Spywareblaster and Eset Node 32, Plus Tinywall a neat little program that enhances windows firewall , By allowing you pick and choose what you want to run on your computer.

Adding vote here for MBAM and SAS, also I use MSE. I used to use Avast but not since they started adding "features". Some of our clients still use it and I do a base install, but the additions just soured me on it for my own personal use.

Well, I see no one has said this yet, so I will:
There is no best antimalware. We each have out "favorite" programs as we've found that for us, they work best.

The most important security advice is to use layered security:
1. A good, correctly configured and currently updating antivirus program.
2. A bi-directional firewall: this listens to both incoming and outgoing ports.
3. 2 or more antimalware programs, varied: meaning different types:
One the prevents> Spywareblaster:Protects against bad ActiveX.
Zoned Out> Restricts bad domains.
One that finds and removes
ALL of the programs mentioned so far are good. (I take exception to Avira as it is now bundling junk with the download- Avast may be doing this also.)

I would just like to add that using a Site Advisor can save you a lot of grief by alerting you to a bad site and not loading it. I use the Web of Trust- WOT-Site Advisor

Back