What power supply do i need for 6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Joster

Hey Guys
I am thinking of getting hold of a XFX Geforce 6600GT. I wonder if i will need a better power supply and i also plan to upgrade my Ram so that won't be an issue

I am running

Biostar M7NCD Pro
AMD Athlon XP, (1800 MHz) 2200+
Crucial 512mb DDR pc2100
Aopen Nvidia Geforce FX5200
Maxtor 60GB 5200rpm
Mercury 300w Power Supply
Rating Output
- 300W
Rating Input
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC, 50-60Hz
Agency Approval
- FCC, CSA, UL, TUV, CE
Protection
- Over power protection
- Short circuit protection
Reliability
- 100% full load burn-in
- 1.5 KV HI-POT test

Any input would be very helpful. Cheers

you're getting a xfx geforce 6600gt,its a good card buit you'll have to check if it has any separate molex power connector on the card itself,so it might be drawing out power itself directly,since you didnt mention i'll guess that you're getting an agp card an plan to run it at 8x(which should be supported by your mobo).well there is no sure shot way of knowing if your psu would suffice,there are guys here who got a stock 200w psu and are running more devices than you on it but that doesnt mean it will work for you too,my advice a 300 w should more or less be able to pull it off but might run into problems on the long run or if you ever upgrade or put anything else in so best will be to get a higher rated psu 400w or 480w from antec,thermaltake or enermax and forget it for a long time,but be sure to get it from a reputed manufacturer,no generic or stock psu.

Thanks Shadow_29. I appreciate your help and yes i will be using a AGP card.

I think i'll upgrade my supply as a precautionary measure and leave it after that.

Thanks again

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back