What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse245

Hey guys,

I'm on a $300 budget.

I'm waiting for ArmA 2 to come out, and I currently play Flight Simulator X.

Now, I am planning to upgrade.

I currently own the AMD Athlon X2 6400+ at 3.2GHz. And the eVGA 8800GT 512MB.

I need to know whether or not, I should just upgrade the CPU to this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471

OR

Get a new Graphics card?

Which will give me better performance?

Thanks!

Honestly you should be getting good performance already, the 6400+ is a decent CPU, and the 8800 is a great graphics card too.
I will tell you to look up your graphics settings, turn off anti aliasing (aa) and or turn down resolution.

Flight simX is a very Cpu heavy program, i have no idea why its written that way, but it is. so a better cpu will probably help with that game.

Flight sim optimizes all cores, very cpu heavy. Havnt played it so I'll keep my suggestions to myself for now...although I'm leaning towards a cpu.

Yeh, and on the ArmA 2 forums, they reccommend a Quad, and I want to play that game with High Graphics baby. So...I guess the CPU is good choice?

Do you guys know of ANY place where I can get it a few bucks cheaper, or should I stick with the 940 or just go with the 920?

The 920 can be had for $170 or so here.

Also, unless FSX and ArmA 2 will be the only games you will play, getting a more powerful video card is the way to go.

Well the 8800, is said to work great with ArmA 2, so I think, I might just get a new CPU.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but my mobo is AM2, and the Phenom is AM2+, however I read somewhere that my mobo is compatible with both, this is the mobo I have:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe

Can somebody double check that for me? ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Oh sorry, I couldn't even find it on ASUS's website, and the board is pretty old, so I assumed it wouldn't work out, especially with AM2 and AM2+ socket differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back