When loading BIOS, freezes trying to enter setup

emc1950

Hi,
Can anyone assist? Ihave a Toshiba Equium A300d & have had to replace the HDD. After inserting the new drive & powering on,I get the option to enter F2 for setup or f12 for boot options (which I want to select the dvd rom to install windows).....but whichever option I select,the message is '..entering...please wait' but nothing happens. The Bios shows as Phoenix on the toshiba splash screen. Any ideas of the problem? thanks for looking.

Get into the bios and make the CD/DVD the first boot device. Make sure the Windows install disk is in the DVD drive and boot the computer. If the "please wait" message is still seen, the CD drive may be bad. Is the CD drive able to read DVD's?The Windows XP install drive is a CD, Vista and Windows 7 disks are DVD's

Get into the bios and make the CD/DVD the first boot device. Make sure the Windows install disk is in the DVD drive and boot the computer. If the "please wait" message is still seen, the CD drive may be bad. Is the CD drive able to read DVD's?The Windows XP install drive is a CD, Vista and Windows 7 disks are DVD's
Yes, thats what I want to do.....but I can't get into the BIOS to change the boot device to the cdrom

No - as I stated, I get the option to select f2 or f12...whichever one I select I get the message 'entering setup' or 'entering boot options' ..... please wait' ......and nothing happens. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for that. Anyone have a script or vid on how to locate/remove the CMOS battery (I've done this on a desktop which was a breeze but never on a laptop)...thanks

The CMOS battery is removable. It is attached to a motherboard connector near the wireless card, right behind the front audio jacks... Watch this video:
I don't know if you can access the battery by removing the bottom Wireless card cover

Back