Where is my keyboard? First time bootup.

Hi guys,

So I built up my computer for the first time with the following components:

Antec Sonata Elite Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L)

ASUS Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2400 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V

I put everything in place, and turn on the power... but nothing happens. Nothing shows up on my monitor in the beginning, and there are no beeps. Then I realize that my case doesn't have internal speakers but no biggie, I figure its going to be ok. I check the connections on everything, and reinstall everything to make sure all of the components are connected alright. Then I reconnect the VGA plug into the one not on the motherboard but on the GPU. All the fans are running, and I can feel everything else running as well. I restart. The monitor now boots up and I see option to press enter and F1. Both of them are more or less for BIOS but it detects 0 USB keyboard but it does detect the mouth. I press the keys on my keyboard for the corresponding options but nothing happens. Help? Do I need to buy a USB keyboard?

Perhaps. This sounds like you need to update the USB drivers. I just built a new system and most of my USB 3.0 were not working. I had to update to the latest offerings. You may need a BIOS upgrade as well.

Back