Where's Outlook Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please.
I feel stupid as I've used PCs since the beginning. Have all XP updates, SP2, IE8 & want to use Outlook Express, never used it and I can't find it's start icon anywhere. There is an Outlook Express folder in Program Files but no file that looks right. One file says setup50.exe so it's old. Nothing in Control Panels; Add or Remove Programs either. I downloaded ie6setupOe.exe that's supposed to have latest OE version but it won't run because of IE8.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

See, if you have following file:
C:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe
If so, double click on msimn.exe

Thanks for the reply.
It's strange because the Outlook folder is there but only some of the files and msimn.exe isn't one of them.

This works for XP Pro (i don't know if same option for XP Home or which you have)

Control Panel->Add Remove Programs then look along left side of the Add/Remove Programs window for Add/Remove Windows Components button and click it. This will open a wizard which should list Outlook Express and enable it.

Thanks smarter than me people.
I've used AOL since the beginning and am switching. To export everything with EPreserver you have to have Outlook, Gmail or Thunderbird.
With LookinAround I got Outlook working,
Broni got me the latest info and
with EXCellR8's advice I'm playing with Thunderbird as it appears a better email program.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back