Which laptop should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarlequinPuppet

So my old laptop is officially dead and I am looking to buy a new one by the end of the week as there are good sales on at the moment and I am in desperate need for one. I have found 3 that all seem good and are in my price range but they differ in processors and graphics. Could you please give me your opinion on which is the best and why?

1. Toshiba Satellite L500/00U - $888
AMD ATHLON DUAL CORE QL-65 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HARD DRIVE, 15.6", 128MB ATI RADEON 3100 GRAPHICS

2. Toshiba Satellite L500/01E - $994
Intel® Pentium® processor T4300, 2.1 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HARD DRIVE, 15.6", Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

3. ASUS K501J - $1088
Intel® Pentium® Dual Core Processor T4200, 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HARD DRIVE, 15.6", Embedded Intel® GMA X4500M

I am planning on using the laptop for uni working including Photoshop and Dreamweaver and also some gaming, in particular Sims 3. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend going with this system instead. Free shipping, more powerful and feature-packed than the ones you have posted, and it is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7 too. More details on the latter here.

I have checked that one out before but in Australian dollars it is too expensive for me. I also think it is too big and I need a laptop ASAP so waiting for delivery is no good. I believe the ones I posted also come with the Windows 7 upgrade, at least that is what I've been lead to assume from the Windows 7 website.

Ah, so that's AUD. In that case, go with the first Toshiba. It has the best GPU of all three systems, which will be required for good performance with Photoshop and games.

Hi Rage.
The ASUS hands down.

Awesome machines.
Talk to some Best Buy "Geeks" at different stores
They will tell you the same info - ASUS all the way
Check it out.
Good Luck .
Rick

It depends on your requirement and how much do you plan to spend on it.
Well, I like AMD better than Inter. And I think Toshiba with high performance cost ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back