TechSpot

Which motherboard to choose?

By KKS21199
Jan 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello guys, can I get a motherboard for intel core i7 3930K, I am planning to use sapphire or ghz amd radeon 7970 graphics card, and 2 ssd and 2 hard drives, I need the ram to be 64 gb because I will upgrade it slowly.

so can anyone let know me the cheapest motherboard, I am building a pc from scratch, I am already spending more so for now let me know the cheapest motherboard atleast can hold up to 32 gb of ram and 1 ssd with 1 hard drive, with intel core i7 3930K with amd radeon 7970.

I will upgrade the motherboard again this year or later to a cool one, so for now say me the cheapest one.

2. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Addict Posts: 350   +112

In my opinion, doing a motherboard update less than a year after you purchase your first one to be a bit of a waste of money. (Replacing a motherboard is time consuming, and can often lead to issues with windows and such).

The ASUS Sabertooth X79 is a great motherboard if you have the cash. For $100 less the Asrock extreme6 X79 is a good choice.

Give us some sort of price range, and we'll be able to help you further.

3. KKS21199

KKS21199 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am from malaysia and I think I ned it less than Rm1000 (something like $ 200)

And you gave me the same link, what is the difference between two of them

4. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TS Booster Posts: 322   +64

I'll second both the Asus X79 Sabertooth and the Asrock extreme6. I'd go for either one of these if I were building an X79 system from scratch. (y)

5. LukeDJ

Those are two different links, same website, different motherboard.

What website are you buying these off, I don;t really know how expensive products are in Malaysia.

6. KKS21199

KKS21199 TS Rookie Topic Starter

7. LukeDJ