Which motherboard with Intel chipset?

andoyan

Hello All,
I am getting ready to build a new pc and i am looking around for a motherboard for a Intel chip set, can anyone help me with a good stable motherboard, i am thinking of spending around $400.00.
thank you all for your help
Jon

There is also a thing called patience that no one has these days. Since your thinking of spending $400.00 you could just wait a month and get the new mobo. Or if you don't want to do that, you could wait until Ivy Bridge comes out and get that chipset.

If you're looking to spend $400 on an Intel motherboard -assuming you are looking for an LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge) board then the Rampage III Extreme is about as good as it gets. The new B3 stepping boards will likely not sit on retail shelves very long so keeping in touch with your local etail/retail outlet would be wise.
The Rampage III Extreme Black Edition will also be launching fairly soon -much the same board but with the added frills of dedicated Xonar soundcard/Killer NIC.
Intel are also releasing the Z68 chipset for Sandy Bridge in around a months time, although I have not heard of any enthusiast boards releasing with the chipset -it's principle advantage is SSD caching -the ability to add uprated performance to users who use a SSD for boot but a mechanical harddrive for storage.

If you are talking of Intel's "other" chipset- X58 (LGA1366) then $400 might be considered overkill unless you are planning on multi-gpu/heavy overclocking- an Asus P6X58D-E or Giagbyte X58A-UD3R offers pretty much the same performance and most of the connectivity of the more expensive boards

Please give more information; you've stated that you want an intel motherboard and nothing else.
People here have taken liberties with assumptions, but lets not rely on them.

Please give more information; you've stated that you want an intel motherboard and nothing else.
People here have taken liberties with assumptions, but lets not rely on them.
This is true! Our OP could well be in the market for a $400 LGA775 board*.....although I guess there is an infinitesimal chance the OP is looking for a dual socket server (3420/5500/5520) board

*andoyan please PM me if you are-I think I could possibly locate one at that price.

Quick, Somebody Pass Me the Rosetta Stone.....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, "I think he meant $400.00 for the whole PC". or (?) maybe even (!).

Besides what exactly is,
"looking around for a motherboard for a Intel chip set,"?
Are we planning on building a board? Do you have an Intel chipset that needs to be soldered onto a PC board?

Sorry, I didn't study "andoyan" as a second language.....:rolleyes:

The $400 for the whole PC fits the LGA775 scenario quite well, although if our op is just looking for a chipset then they only need to spend $5-40 (plus the cost of solder, a good soldering iron/mothers hairdryer and a large supply of beta-blockers for steadiness).

The $400 for the whole PC fits the LGA775 scenario quite well, although if our op is just looking for a chipset then they only need to spend $5-40 (plus the cost of solder, a good soldering iron/mothers hairdryer and a large supply of beta-blockers for steadiness).
Beta blockers...? So that's what they're for.

I would go with any number of benzodiazipine derivatives. No really, any number, either individually or in combination. You just have to remember to put a dinner plate or similar in your lap, lest ye pass out and drop the soldering iron.

Yay LGA775.... Go Intel....!

Try here....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N=100007627 600007879&IsNodeId=1&name=LGA 775 That narrows it down to 94 choices. Discounting of course, open box, and not in stock products. Your results may vary.

"I would go with any number of benzodiazipine derivatives..."

All those curbside pharmacy's in your 'hood probably give a vast (unwanted?) knowledge base that I can only ponder upon in amazement

Hello All,
I am getting ready to build a new pc and i am looking around for a motherboard for a Intel chip set, can anyone help me with a good stable motherboard, i am thinking of spending around $400.00.
thank you all for your help
Jon

Mercury board is good with intel processor.Since i am using for past three years...it is working fine...

Back