Which to buy AMD or Intel Dual Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kf21291

Hi, I need some help on which processor i should buy. A Intel Core2 Duo E7200 2.53 Ghz 45nm or a AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition 2.60 Ghz.
I saw the intel has a smaller 45nm compared to AMD's 65nm so it would definatly use less energy and run cooler but still i want speed and both are pretty good choices. I just want to know which one is worth to buy.

Intel C2D: $120
AMD X2 BE: $70

The Core2 duo would give better performance but as you can see AMD has a much better cost/performance ratio. If the cost is no object then get the Core2 duo, if there is the Athlon will still serve you well.

Though if you were to match the core2 duos price with an AMD processor, 120$, you could get a 6000+ (3.0GHz) which is also an option. In this case performance will be about equal. (I've heard the E7200 will still be a bit faster though)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

(Black edition processor isn't needed unless you plan to overclock, FYI ^^)

Assuming you are going to OC them, the E7200 is able to OC much further due to the smaller die size and it will pummel the X2 5000+ when OC'd, even when the latter is overclocked. Definitely go for it if possible.

i would'nt be to quick to buy the Intel chip.i bought 1 three weeks ago and i'm getting ready to put it on Ebay.My AMD FX-60 does as well or better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back