Who rules sound quality these days?

By Tank
Sep 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. The current sound card I have, is still my old Audigy 2 ZS. It is coupled to a pair of Logitech Z-5500's.

    The sound that comes out of this setup is extremely good for what it is in my opinion. I am building a new PC shortly, and I am just wondering, is creative still at the top for sound quality with there cards these days?

    My main use is probably 80% music, and the other 20% being gaming/movies. I want the highest sound quality possible, even if I have to spend $200 on a sound card, I am willing. When your an audiophile, you can't stand cheap sound.
  2. dividebyzero

    dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,862   +1,194

    Most people I know swear by HT | OMEGA. Most of my system builds/upgrades usually incorporate on of their cards or Asus' Xonar if the HT's are unavailable (or if a low profile card is required).
  3. DKRON

    DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

    check out a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, that will work the best for what you are doing, but thats only half because the actual sound system can make a difference in sound quality.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

    Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,427   +27

    Creative, HT | OMEGA and ASUS Xonar, as well as Auzentech and M-Audio are the top names in the business. The ASUS Sonar DX and HT | OMEGA Claro+ are especially superb.
  5. Route44

    Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,965   +69

    What dbz and Rage said: HT Omega. Great builds, excellent customer service and they even have drivers for Windows 7 64 but I do believe you have to download them from their site. Asus' offerings are very nice and I know a number of people that really like the Xonar line. I personally have M-Audio but driver support can be a real issue as attested by their forums.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.