Why is AMD's control panel better than Nvidia's

SKYSTAR

why the nvidia control panel is almost useless : for example
you cant apply antilasing or fxaa or anisotropic filtering on any game through it
but on the other hand the amd catalyst is very usefull , you can apply antilasing or MLAA or anisotropic filtering or anything you want through it on games,
so my question why nvidia control panel is bad and amd(ati) catalyst is excellent ?????????

The drivers, though is another story, mate. I have an IGP hd 4200 and the newest 11.8 Catalyst drivers don't work. I never had nVidia (I have one "scrap" 9800GT from a friend, which I will install and see how it works.

why the nvidia control panel...blah blah
Enjoying your trolling?

Driver forced AA is a mixed bag for both Nvidia and AMD:
Secondly, we learned that the aliasing that occurs on objects with texture transparencies is unaffected by MSAA, and despite newer DirectX 10/11 techniques like alpha-to-coverage, we see a need for further transparent texture anti-aliasing. When it comes to Radeons, adaptive anti-aliasing rarely works, but Nvidia’s transparent supersampling is relatively reliable in DirectX 10 and 11 games. This is an area we’d really like to see AMD improve.

FXAA (at present is OGL only). Simple reg tweak and viola!
index.php

Don't like the standard options?
nHancer for nVidia CP
Radeon Pro for AMD

Take your trolling elsewhere.

dividebyzero you are really a nvidia fanboy :
tell me the names of 5 games i can apply antilasing on them through the great control panel of nvidia

i tried a lot to apply antilasing throuhg nvidia control panel on many of games like dead island , grand theft auto , call of juarez the cartel , but no hope nothing happend

i tried a lot to apply antilasing throuhg nvidia control panel on many of games like dead island , grand theft auto , call of juarez the cartel , but no hope nothing happend

RTFA or failing that go buy an AMD card and use Catalyst exclusively

If you bothered to check my profile you see I run both Nvidia and AMD (Crossfire), and pretty much recommend AMD cards in my posts.

Troll.

BTW: There's an "Edit" button...unless you like the idea of artificially inflating your post count- in which case go for gold.

pretty much recommend AMD cards in my posts.

that's mean that you agree with me that amd catalyst is better than nvidia control panel

Will you promise to burst in tears if I say no?

As far as I'm concerned they both offer pretty good functionality. Nvidia offer global profiles per game, SLI functionality is packaged with the driver.

AMD offer more tweaking options with regards visuals.

Having said that, the Nvidia kernal has more issues with Abode Flash if it's not kept updated, while AMD's stuck-cursor-in-top-corner is a royal PITA. I personally don't like to be bombarded with advertisements during a driver install.

Having said that:
1. I don't use CCC (although I do install on sytems I build) I variously use Tray Tools and Radeon Pro with the bare AMD driver so seldom have a problem*.
2. I use Nvidia Inspector in conjunction with NCP so seldom have a problem*.
3. My systems are GTX 580 SLI and HD 5850 CFX - I generally have no use for MLAA with the latter setup.
4. I would defy any average gamer to discern the difference between AA levels above 4 MSAA.
5. Neither AMD nor Nvidia have a handle on driver forced AA.

* If a particular AA/AF/HDR etc issue bugs me to any great extent (that a third party toolbox can't remedy) then I look for a registry edit...and if that doesn't work, well tough **** - thats PC gaming for ya. What I don't do is hit the general forums bleating about how one product is better than another in the face of contrary and irrefutable evidence...but then looking like a d1ck isn't high on my "must do" list tbh.

The Tom's article pretty much debunked half your initial rant straight off the bat, so why you insist on persevering with the argument leads me to believe that an argument is just what you want/require.
So, if you're unhappy with Nvidia's drivers, by all means switch to AMD- I'm sure you'll be very satisfied.

.but then looking like a d1ck isn't high on my "must do" list tbh.

can you explain to me what you mean in this sentence , tell me man why you are so shy

In my opinion once you hit 1920x1080/1200 the visual quality increase from turning up AA decreases. The higher the resolution the less you'll actually see the 'jaggies'. It must have been a couple of years since the last time I bothered with trying to force AA or AF over a games own settings....

i am dissatisfied from the nvidia control panel because it cant apply antialasing on the games that dont have antialasing option like need for speed hot pursuit , grand theft auto , dead island , call of juarez , and many other games ,while the amd catalyst can apply antialasing or mlaa on them.

the topic of the thread has been changed by someone else can any body tell what is happening here , please this post is for Management Team of techspot

Read the article that dbz linked and try to educate yourself on the topic a bit more, or just keep trolling with your forced ignorance. And this question was moved because it has nothing to do with the techspot management team, it's a question about an application(s).

yesterday i add a new thread (why nvidia control panel is bad and amd catalyst is excellent) in gaming section but today when i opened techspot forums i did not see it in gaming section but it was in software and app section , In addition the name of thread has been changed into(why nvidia control panel is better than AMD's)
so please i need to know why that is happened.

@Skystar,
It was likely changed because the new name is less offensive than the original.

It was also moved because you posted in the incorrect forum.

Both things you could have avoided by reading the forum rules and posting your new thread correctly.

Back