Why is my internet intermittently dropping out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey guys,

Just moved to a new house and we have smart wiring here, so basically the modem is central and has cables going to each room... Now the internet is working in all the rooms, but in mine it intermittently drops out. It is still connected to the modem but it just has "limited or no internet connection". I have tried changing the cables, the modem output, everything and it still continuously drops out. Sometimes I can fix it by disabling and then enabling the connection... But only sometimes... When I press repair it says it can't renew the IP address and it also says something about the modem not having assigned an IP address to the computer...

Any Ideas? Firewall maybe?

Regards,

Korrupt

Now the internet is working in all the rooms, but in mine it intermittently drops out.
I'm not sure if you have other computers in the other rooms, that you could also test your room out with. Because this would eliminate the cable and connection for good.

But how is your Network setup, Static IP or automatic detection?
It does sound as though it could be a personal firewall or even your currently installed Antivirus (especially if it's Norton or AVG8)
Try uninstalling them temporarily. Or just get Avira Antivirus whilst you're at it :)

Or even a network reset: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post662504-2.html

Thanks for your reply,

Yeah I have tested another computer and it works perfect... I do have avg8... Maybe I'll uninstall that and see how I go... Just weird that it works sometimes thats all! And it works fine on wireless too!! How does that work?

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back