Why the overall benchmark of my components are low?

sarnmax

Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me through this.
I made a new build two months ago and bought high end components for my PC. Now when I get their benchmark the result is disappointing. The report says the overall benchmark of my components are blew the expectation while each component individually works fine. What is the problem? Why the overall benchmark of my components are low?

Here is my PC configuration:
MB:
Gigabyte x570 aorus master
CPU:
Ryzen 9 3900x
VGA:
2070 super
PSU:
1050w Green
Ram:
G.skill Ripjaws 32gb (16×2) 3600 cl16

Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

What benchmark are you using?
Hi Sir
Thanks for replaying
I'm using www.userbenchmark.com website to benchmark my pc. First I installed an application from this website and then using that app I could get the benchmark. Is this website reliable? What's the best way to benchmark my pc and test its performance?

The first possibility is that your cooler may not be properly installed, and the cpu is thus heat-throttling. Also, have you updated your bios to the very latest release?

What scores in the benchmark seem most suspect: your cpu, gpu, or memory-bandwidth values?

Hi Sir
Thanks for replaying
I'm using www.userbenchmark.com website to benchmark my pc. First I installed an application from this website and then using that app I could get the benchmark. Is this website reliable? What's the best way to benchmark my pc and test its performance?
Userbenchmark has somewhat of a questionable reputation when it comes to AMD CPUs. While I’ve not been able to examine their app in much detail, their reviews of AMD CPUs are always very negative. For an overall graphics benchmark, 3DMark is a lot more balanced, but the best thing to do is just play some games - if you’re happy with how they run, then your PC is fine.

The first possibility is that your cooler may not be properly installed, and the cpu is thus heat-throttling. Also, have you updated your bios to the very latest release?

What scores in the benchmark seem most suspect: your cpu, gpu, or memory-bandwidth values?
My CPU cooler is installed by an expert so maybe the problem is something else. Also I've updated my motherboard bios to the latest version two weeks ago. Please check out the following link where you can see my PC benchmark report in detail:

Thanks and really appreciated

Userbenchmark has somewhat of a questionable reputation when it comes to AMD CPUs. While I’ve not been able to examine their app in much detail, their reviews of AMD CPUs are always very negative. For an overall graphics benchmark, 3DMark is a lot more balanced, but the best thing to do is just play some games - if you’re happy with how they run, then your PC is fine.
Owww Really? Do you have any experience that proved their reviews are biased? I didn't know that!! And I also asked my friends to use this app to test their PC performance. By the way I am not a gamer I bought this PC for 3D rendering and creative software such as Adobe products. I use after effects for motion graphics and I am not happy with my PC performance. When I am working on a heavy projects the after effects hangs and throw me out of it. What I experienced is below my expectations that I had from something like Ryzen 9 3900x.
Would you kindly have a look to my PC benchmark report? the link is below:

Thanks Sir

Userbenchmark is no good for judging how well a system will run Blender or After Effects, for example. Why? Because it simply doesn't run those programs. Most CPU reviews will perform benchmarks in those programs to provide a more realistic indication of relative performance:

As you can see in our review, the Ryzen 9 3900X is a very competent processor in productivity and creativity applications.

If After Effects keeps crashing, the first thing I would try is to disable Hardware Acceleration and switch the previews to use the CPU.

Edit: Don't forget to switch XMP Profile 1 on in the BIOS (it will be under the Tweaker section).

Last edited:
Userbenchmark is no good for judging how well a system will run Blender or After Effects, for example. Why? Because it simply doesn't run those programs. Most CPU reviews will perform benchmarks in those programs to provide a more realistic indication of relative performance:

As you can see in our review, the Ryzen 9 3900X is a very competent processor in productivity and creativity applications.

If After Effects keeps crashing, the first thing I would try is to disable Hardware Acceleration and switch the previews to use the CPU.

Edit: Don't forget to switch XMP Profile 1 on in the BIOS (it will be under the Tweaker section).
Sorry I hadn't access to internet
Thanks Sir for these helpful Information
According to your recommendation I switched after effects from GPU to CPU but no considerable progression. My previous build was 4790k and I should say its performance was the same as this new build if not better. Is it possible that some of my components aren't matched? Or that my CPU is damaged or not working properly? What should I do to diagnose the issue? I really want to solve it because I have many projects to do but my pc gets slow down when working.

Sorry my English is not good since I'm not a native speaker 😅

Thank you sir

I don't have enough experience with Ryzen systems to be able to offer a great deal of advice here. I would start, though, by ensuring that I have the latest and most appropriate software installed.

Start with AMD Ryzen Master:

This software will allow you to monitor CPU temperature and power levels, and enable automatic control of clock speeds, etc.

If the system isn't going to be used for gaming, I would use Nvidia's Studio drivers for the GeForce RTX 2070:

To check the performance of your system in Adobe After Effects, you can use Puget System's tool:

They have tested the 3900X themselves, so you can compare your results to theirs:

Do note that their test PC has more RAM, a better GPU, and a potential faster storage system than yours.

I don't have enough experience with Ryzen systems to be able to offer a great deal of advice here. I would start, though, by ensuring that I have the latest and most appropriate software installed.

Start with AMD Ryzen Master:

This software will allow you to monitor CPU temperature and power levels, and enable automatic control of clock speeds, etc.

If the system isn't going to be used for gaming, I would use Nvidia's Studio drivers for the GeForce RTX 2070:

To check the performance of your system in Adobe After Effects, you can use Puget System's tool:

They have tested the 3900X themselves, so you can compare your results to theirs:

Do note that their test PC has more RAM, a better GPU, and a potential faster storage system than yours.
Thank you sir for your detailed and helpful guide
I visited www.pugetsystems.com and benchmarked my after effects and the score was 920, that is, an average score in comparison with other Ryzen 3900x. here is my benchmark result:

Actually your advice really helped me and I came to know that I have to increase my memory to 64 GB. But I have a question for you. Why its been mentioned in the benchmark that my memory speed is 2133MHz? while my memory is G.skill Ripjaws 32gb and its 3600MHz. What this discrepancy means?

Also please check out the following link containing memories QVL for Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER and find my memory model (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC)
in this list. What's your conclusion?

Moreover my motherboard version is rev. 1.1 not rev. 1.0 (Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.1)

Thanks sir for you helpful guide its really appreciated

Last edited:
Hi Sir
Thanks for replaying
Avoid user benchmark like the plague if you are on an AMD CPU or if you want to have an AMD cpu. Their reviews are lopsided.

Sorry I hadn't access to internet
Thanks Sir for these helpful Information
According to your recommendation I switched after effects from GPU to CPU but no considerable progression. My previous build was 4790k and I should say its performance was the same as this new build if not better. Is it possible that some of my components aren't matched? Or that my CPU is damaged or not working properly? What should I do to diagnose the issue? I really want to solve it because I have many projects to do but my pc gets slow down when working.

Sorry my English is not good since I'm not a native speaker 😅

Thank you sir
What are your system temperatures when it slows down? Your expert might have installed the cooling system for you but are the system temperatures within reasonable range? If not, you might want to check your thermopaste

Thank you sir for your detailed and helpful guide

Actually your advice really helped me and I came to know that I have to increase my memory to 64 GB. But I have a question for you. Why its been mentioned in the benchmark that my memory speed is 2133MHz? while my memory is G.skill Ripjaws 32gb and its 3600MHz. What this discrepancy means?

Thanks sir for you helpful guide its really appreciated
Looks like you are already sorted

When I enable my XMP to get to 3600MHz still it shows 2133MHz..why? is it possible that my memory isnt match with my mobo or sth?
It might just be the that Puget's benchmark isn't reading the RAM correctly; one way to check is to use CPU-z:

The tabs you want to look at are Memory and SPD - here's what my PC displays:

cpu-id-ram.png

Note how the DRAM Frequency is 1499.6 MHz (on the left) and that under XMP-2998 it says Frequency is 1499 MHz. That means the XMP profile is definitely active on my system.

Edit: This is the memory QVL for your motherboard:

Your F4-3600C16D-32GVKC RAM isn't on the list but this probably just means they haven't tested it. The closest match is F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC, which just seems to be a 4x8GB version of your 2x8GB kit. The motherboard fully supports that particular RAM model, so yours should work fine.

Last edited:
It might just be the that Puget's benchmark isn't reading the RAM correctly; one way to check is to use CPU-z:

The tabs you want to look at are Memory and SPD - here's what my PC displays

When I enable my XMP to get to 3600MHz still it shows 2133MHz..why? is it possible that my memory isnt match with my mobo or sth?

Like Nick suggested. Use cpu-Z to be sure

View attachment 87280

Note how the DRAM Frequency is 1499.6 MHz (on the left) and that under XMP-2998 it says Frequency is 1499 MHz. That means the XMP profile is definitely active on my system.

Your F4-3600C16D-32GVKC RAM isn't on the list but this probably just means they haven't tested it. The closest match is F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC, which just seems to be a 4x8GB version of your 2x8GB kit. The motherboard fully supports that particular RAM model, so yours should work fine.
I have enabled my XMP and checked my memory freq afterward through many different methods including CPU-Z but nothing happened

this is my memory CPU-Z screenshot:

Attachments

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.PNG
    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
I watched many YouTube tutorials for enabling XMP and saw when they enable it, their frequency gets higher and the number is shown there in the boot itself but when I enabled the XMP no changing shown and when I pressed F10 (save and exit) my pc restarted several times with 3 beeps sound...what I've concluded so far is the fact the my mobo doesn't support the XMP of my memory. Also its been written on my memory package that: "DDR4 memory upgrade designed for the latest Intel Core CPUs"

I watched many YouTube tutorials for enabling XMP and saw when they enable it, their frequency gets higher and the number is shown there in the boot itself but when I enabled the XMP no changing shown and when I pressed F10 (save and exit) my pc restarted several times with 3 beeps sound...what I've concluded so far is the fact the my mobo doesn't support the XMP of my memory. Also its been written on my memory package that: "DDR4 memory upgrade designed for the latest Intel Core CPUs"
In the Tweaker section of the motherboard BIOS, what options does it show in the Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) section? If it shows two (I.e.Profile 1 and Profile 2), try setting it to Profile 2. Don't worry about the label on RAM package - it's just a marketing thing.

Your motherboard supports F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC which is the 4 DIMM version of your 2 DIMM F4-3600C16D-32GVKC, so it's not going to have any issues with the clock speed or timings.

View attachment 87280

Hi sir finally I have decided to buy new memory for my pc. but I need your help. Would you kindly introduce me the best option for Gigabyte x570 arouse master. I only want two qualities:

1_it should be cl16 or lower
2_it should be 3600 or higher

Thanks sir really appreciated

In the Tweaker section of the motherboard BIOS, what options does it show in the Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) section? If it shows two (I.e.Profile 1 and Profile 2), try setting it to Profile 2. Don't worry about the label on RAM package - it's just a marketing thing.

Your motherboard supports F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC which is the 4 DIMM version of your 2 DIMM F4-3600C16D-32GVKC, so it's not going to have any issues with the clock speed or timings.
Unfortunately It shows only one profile. Here is a screen shot:sarn.jpg

According to the fact you mentioned above so I don't need to replace my memory and this is actually a very good news for because me I don't have enough budget for it. But then how should I get to 3600MHz of speed? is there any solution to reach to that speed? Even if its manually done I'm okay with it.

Well if we use Gigabyte's memory QVL, these ones meet your criteria:

Back