Will a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti PCI Express graphics card work on a Latitude e6400?

Hey all,

I am trying to play BF3 on my laptop (Dell Latitude E6400 that I got last year from my college) but my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. I have been looking online and I found a pretty solid graphics card that will allow BF3 to run but the only issue is concerning whether or not the graphics card and my laptop are compatible. The graphics card is a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB PCI Express 2.0. I found it online at BestBuy.com (I can't post the link because this is my first posting on the forum) for $161.99

I used software called Everest to get some info about my laptop. My current graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M. The bus type is PCI Express 2x16 @1. CPU Type is Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8700, 2533 MHz (9.5 x 267).

Is there anything else that would be good to know to tell whether or not this graphics card will work? Thanks in advance for all the help.

-RG

If the laptop has a removable graphics card, you might be able to upgrade it. Don't confuse desktop graphics cards with laptop video graphics. The video devices are very different, and most laptops do not have video cards, they have integrated video chips on the motherboard...

Back