Will Mac OS X Work On My Toshiba Satellite P25-S520 ?? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. The new Intel-Macs will run windows, but the Toshiba will not run Mac OS.

Get yourself on of the Mac-Mini and use some existing kb/monitor and you can
have some cheap fun.

jobeard said:
no. The new Intel-Macs will run windows, but the Toshiba will not run Mac OS.
It will, just unofficially, and illegally. Google for how to do it, as we won't help you here.

To have Mac OSX work on anything other then a Macintosh makes your circumvent the security features Apple has built into it (amongst other things). It's illegal according to the DMCA.

Didou said:
To have Mac OSX work on anything other then a Macintosh makes your circumvent the security features Apple has built into it (amongst other things). It's illegal according to the DMCA.

Now you explained it. I understand clearly now. :)

Really? I thought that apple were only allowing XP on intel macs, but still not allowing osx on normal PCs. If they haven't given the OK to runnong osx on normal PC's, surely it would break the DMCA?

Maybe I've not read things throughly enough on the subject.

Spike, I don't think you read my first post in this thread. :p
It will, just unofficially, and illegally. Google for how to do it, as we won't help you here.

It is NOT supported by apple/microsoft/motherboard makers/ect, its not supported by anyone other than a community of hackers that wanted to make it happen.

Ah, right. Your reply confused me, because I was asking/wondering how long it would be before Apple themselves gave legal permission to use OSX on normal PC's, given that they've recently allowed windows onto the Mac.

I probably should have made that clear when I posed the question.

ovvn.you said:
btw, would i need a special version of mac os x tiger??

they do not make special version sof Mac OSX for windows, if they did everyone would probalby be buying them if they would be compatibke w/existing Windows apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back