Will my computer play Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayness

i want to know if my computer will play crysis on medium setting or even high or enough to look good

Ariel lite system

my computer specs

Processor: intel core 2 duo 3.0 SysArieLite317GGhz
Display card: 512mb Nvidia GeForce 9500 gt
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Hardrive:500GB SATA2HDD
Vista home premium
Sreen: 22 inch LCD monitor
Resoloution: 1920x1080, 5ms response, dynamic contrast, pixel pitch 0.248

thats all i know i havent even got it yet getting it tommorow

yes you should be able to run crysis decently depending on your 512mb video card. To give you an example in fps terms my pc:
(2gb ram gts250 512mb amd duo core 2.8)

I get 35fps at the least up to a pleasing 55. an average of about 47fps i think.
these fps where recorded on medium settings with 1240x1080 res and AA turned off. I would recommend keeping AA off as there isnt much difference and it drops the fps severly.

hope this helped

:approve:

yes you should be able to run crysis decently depending on your 512mb video card. To give you an example in fps terms my pc:
(2gb ram gts250 512mb amd duo core 2.8)

I get 35fps at the least up to a pleasing 55. an average of about 47fps i think.
these fps where recorded on medium settings with 1240x1080 res and AA turned off. I would recommend keeping AA off as there isnt much difference and it drops the fps severly.

hope this helped

:approve:

thanks i will buy it

I agree red but who buys those kind of cards now anyway?
8600gt can run crysis and that can be picked up for £40 now
So even if his system cant run it well im pretty sure he can send his card back and get a better one. ;)

I know, Besides there is no point in getting crysis because crysis 2 is coming out in 2010 and its build around a new crytek engine

I wouldn't say there is no point in getting Crysis Alster. The game is awesome and a great experience that any FPS fan should play. Even with sequels being out/developed still worth it imo.

there are many rumors at the moment going around saying the release date will be about mid 2010 but then there never accurate so I expect 2010.

Relic: Yes I was maybe a little hasty, Crysis is still worth getting for now. I wish I waited when buying crysis because mine was £35 and they sell now for £10?

Would my pc run it:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
2.00 GHz Performance Rated at 3.59 GHz
3.0 GB DDR2 (soon upgrading to 4gb )
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family)
Video RAM: 1.2 GB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting:Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: 4.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: 4.0
Please get back to me

try sytem requirements lab. i always use it for quick checks. its pretty accurate too

systemrequirementslab.com sometimes it doesnt work w/ firefox btw

Would my pc run it:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family)
Please get back to me

going to 4g huh? what OS are u running?

Crysis has a great story line plus fun game play (its a different game on the different settings as well so play it on easy and delta). Its pretty easy to mod so and it has a great mod community (crymod.com) there are some great looking mods being worked on like the lost worlds mod and mechwarier living legends. I have heard the mods for it are supposed to be compatible with crysis 2 as well or at least maps and assets.

You can preorder crysis 2 on newegg for some reason...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Order=BESTMATCH&Description=crysis+2&x=9&y=37

Would my pc run it:
Please get back to me
Am I the only one who thinks a stock laptop graphics adapter isn't likely to run Crysis successfully? Unless your OS is 64 bit you won't be able to use 4 GB of RAM anyway. That may be the reason that only 3 GB of RAM is installed in the first place
The game will run or not on the strength of the Video card. The extra RAM won;t make a difference. The CPU should be sufficient.

Relic: Yes I was maybe a little hasty, Crysis is still worth getting for now. I wish I waited when buying crysis because mine was £35 and they sell now for £10?
Because games always get more expensive, that pre-order crysis 2 is going to skyrocket all the way to $65 when it comes out!

Am I the only one who thinks a stock laptop graphics adapter isn't likely to run Crysis successfully?
No, I concur.

no, there are few discreet card configurations that can run it at a decent res/detail, there is no integrated chipset that will even come close.

actually i can run crysis on low settings and some medium but i only run it like that on my laptop when im on the go
every other time its alienware ftw XD
Intel® Core i7 Extreme
Intel® X58 Chipset
NVIDIA® GTX 295
1333MHz DDR3 Memory
Windows® Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
Alienware Approved Liquid Cooling
xD

Kotu,
I went and looked at that youtube you linked of that kid playing crysis on your 4500 igp chipset. he's playing it at 800x600 res on what looks like low spec getting 9-15 FPS, its a terrible looking slide show, he said that if he 'forces' the res down to 640 x320 he can get 16 FPS. that's what everyone in the thread was saying. no offense intended, but when you asked if the 4500 would run crysis, that kind of performance (or lack thereof) is not what consitutes playable.
happy gaming :)

I have an 8600gt 512mb card 4gb ram on Vista 32bit. Crysis plays awsome when all settings are set to medium. Changing the screen reolution also makes a huge difference in image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back