TechSpot

Will my motherboard support these parts?

By czplayer
Mar 28, 2009
  1. redk

redk TS Rookie Posts: 135

They will work, however, I suggest a power supply of 500+ Watts, the 430 may not be sufficient.

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

3. czplayer

czplayer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 90

I already bought the psu. I may look into buying that mobo though.

4. dustin_ds3000

well right now i can tell you its a great overclocking motherboard, i have my E8500 at 4ghz right now. i have seen people get well over 600 FSB with this motherboard

5. czplayer

Can the board I'm looking at now oc?

6. dustin_ds3000

im sure it can but i bet it wont go far, it only has 4 pin cpu power but the GA-EP45-UD3R has 8 pin cpu power

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

The EA430 is of far better quality than that hec PSU, and is able to supply upto 30A on the +12V rails combined, a lot more than the majority of other sub-500W PSUs I have seen. You can run an HD 4850 off it without problems.

As for the motherboard, the UD3R is a better choice owing to the better PCB and northbridge cooling, both of which will aid overclocking. Also, ASUS mobos are usually more picky about RAM, but that is based purely on my experience, so your mileage may vary.

8. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

No you're right rage, I've had 3 Asus mobos, all picky about ram, I've probably returned 4-5 ram kits because of the boards.

9. czplayer

Will the motherboard I'm gonna get support ddr2 800 mhz pc2 6400 dual channel g skill ram?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.