Will my pc be able to run Oblivion

At what resolution will Oblivion run at full settings.

1. 640*480

1 vote(s)
  2. 800*600

6 vote(s)
  3. 1024*768

2 vote(s)
  4. 1280*1024

0 vote(s)
By abhinit90
Mar 13, 2007
  1. My pc specs are :-

P4 516 2.93 Ghz
    1 GB ddr 333 mhz ram
    AsRock 775-dual 915gl mobo.
    nvidia geforce 6600gt 128 mb.

So,will i be able to run Oblivion and if yes then at what settings.
  2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

I by 'full' you mean completely tweaked out with all in-game quality settings on max, all settings in the nvidia control-panel set as high as possible and all sorts of high-res texture packs installed, then no, your computer wont run it.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

if you upgraded your graphics card you'd be fine
  4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

You should seriously learn to read the stickies ;)

Also you'll be able to run Oblivion with those specs at atleast medium with 1024x768 ( which still looks awesome )
    1 person likes this.
  5. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 403

He'll have some lag, and another gig of RAM would do the game a little justice.
  6. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

No it wouldn't. I got no difference recording with FRAPS on the same run through the same area on the same settings with 2GB as I did with 1GB. In fact, because of the forced 2T command because of my 4 sticks of RAM, I got slightly lower on the 2GB run. Oblivion doesn't need 2GB really.
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 115

so at medium setting tell me the resolution

that passes the pc with minimum recommendation it does not say the approximate fps that i will get and still the public answer is the best

i manage to get ~25 fps in need for speed most wanted in 1024*768 resolution with all the details to high and aa 4x and anisotropic filtering enabled,the reflection rate and road reflection are only low.
  8. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Well if you pass with minimum then you'll be playing with minimum settings with good FPS or High settings with bad FPS, you're choice...

Also I have a X1650XT pro AGP x8 and I run it maxed out with 30 avg. FPS ( HDR instead of AAx6 ), since my card is more newer I guess you'll be getting around 15-20FPS at medium-low ( Like shadows turned off ) with 1024x768
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 115

i play oblivion at BLOOM and AA X 2 with medium details and it runs smoothly
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.