How to check system requirements before you buy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

Have you ever bought a game and found it annoying that you couldn't play it? Then this link will tell you if you can run the game before buying it!

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

If your computer scores "Recommended": You can run the game on High or Max settings.

If your computer scores "Minimum": You'll need to upgrade parts of your computer in order to play the game, This could include RAM, Videocard, Processor, or even a new Operating System.

What it does:
This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

If you have any questions just make a Topic and i'll help as soon as I can :)

Excellent find mate, very helpful.

I have retitled your thread to something a little more appropriate.

Thread Stickied.

Regards Howard :)

PC System Check

Many Thanks for the link I shall try it out and hopefully find out why my game ain't loading.
See I knew that someone would help what a brilliant site this is
Many Many Thanks

Regards Keep up the good work

Oh didnt know that this topic was still being looked at =P

Well im glad it helped a few people out.. alot of people are posting the link to others with game problems =)

That is a cool thing. surprisingly, I can pass the min for SimCity 4, but not totally the recommended (PC specs in my profile) but just cuz I can pass the min doesnt mean its gonna run fast :D
--kitty
thx for putting that link there

Lol yeah SimCity 4 with a 7900GTX SLi runs at like 999FPS :haha:

Well im glad the link helped someone, if you have any questions on something about games private message me, also if you play any online games ( Counterstrike, Halflife, Battlefield or something like that ) then we can play on a server and own some newbies ;)

Amazing!!!

That was awesome TimeParadoX...Luv it! How did u find this beauty??? :grinthumb

really great feature Time.

Heres my result for BF2142 (my fav FPS atm)

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: 1.7 GHz
You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 3.50 GHz
PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB
You Have: 1022.5 MB
PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
PASS
Video Card
Minimum: 128Mb DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 and above (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800+ [GF 6600 not supported] / ATI Radeon 9500+)
You Have: Radeon X1900 Series (Radeon X1900 Series (0x7249))
PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6618
FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
DirectX Version
Minimum: DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
You Have: 9.0c
PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.1068
FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 2.2 GB
You Have: 55.1 GB
PASS
DVD
Minimum: 8X DVD-ROM (This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD-RW and virtual drives.)
You Have: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S USB Device

HI, somethign in my computer blew up or something and now it works extrmely slow. Im sure I will be getting a new computer pretty soon, but I don't know what kind to get. All I know is i want to be able to play the SIms2 series completely well without having any problems. THe computer i have now never quite worked right with that game, it froze, lagged, etc. I also wnat to be able to play the new games that have been coming out like Civilizations at war.
I don't really know too well how much better a certain graphics caqrd or harddrive or prossessor is compared to others, I just want the best i can get without spending a crapload on a computer. If anyone can help that would be extremely helpful and very nice.

THe comp i have now which is probably going to die soon has these things in it...

Windows XP Home edition v. 2002
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+ prssessor
2.08 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
GeforceFX 6200 AGP 258 MB grapgics card
directX 9.0c

so im not sure how much better the computer selling today are than this.. :)

Thanks!

Tlolop said:
HI, somethign in my computer blew up or something and now it works extrmely slow. Im sure I will be getting a new computer pretty soon, but I don't know what kind to get. All I know is i want to be able to play the SIms2 series completely well without having any problems. THe computer i have now never quite worked right with that game, it froze, lagged, etc. I also wnat to be able to play the new games that have been coming out like Civilizations at war.
I don't really know too well how much better a certain graphics caqrd or harddrive or prossessor is compared to others, I just want the best i can get without spending a crapload on a computer. If anyone can help that would be extremely helpful and very nice.

THe comp i have now which is probably going to die soon has these things in it...

Windows XP Home edition v. 2002
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+ prssessor
2.08 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
GeforceFX 6200 AGP 258 MB grapgics card
directX 9.0c

so im not sure how much better the computer selling today are than this.. :)

Thanks!

If you need to ask a question please do it in your own thread.

Thanks for the link.

awesome

TimeParadoX said:
If you ever bought a game and found it annoying that you couldn't play it? Then this link will tell you if you can run the game befor buying it!

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

You have to download the ActiveX from the site for the test to work.

If you get recommended you system is awesome!

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

If you have any questions just make a Topic and i'll help as soon as I can :)

Thats a really good site! THANX!

You're welcome Sled, If you ever want to play some Counterstrike or something then just give me a message on Xfire ( my name is SilentGorilla000 on there and on Steam )

Thank You!!!!

My son was frustrated because he couldn't figure out why WOW wouldn't work on my PC...This link saved me an incredible amount of time! I would have spent countless frustrating hours trying to figure it out by process of elimination.

Thank You!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back