TechSpot

Will this system(s) be capable of having playable FPS on AC Brotherhood?

By Atham
Oct 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there,

I will be getting a new PSU, and adding a 9800GT to my system and later a hd 6950 2GB.

My question is, will these systems achieve playable gameplay(30-40 FPS) on AC Brotherhood:

System No 1.

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.5 GHz when gaming
    Motherboard 785GM-E51
    RAM 8 GB DDR3 - not 100% sure if I will be able to buy it
    GPU Hewlett Packard 9800GT 1GB @ stock but will overclock as soon as I get the PSU
    PSU Corsair HX 650
    Case No case fans, middletower
    HDD 1TB WDC Sata drive
    Resolution 1920 x 1080

System No 2.

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.5 GHz when gaming
    Motherboard 785GM-E51
    RAM 4 GB DDR3 @ 1000MHz when gaming
    GPU Sapphire hd 6950 Toxic @ HD 6970
    PSU Corsair HX 650
    Case HAF 932 - not 100% sure if I will be able to buy it
    HDD 1TB WDC Sata drive
    Resolution 1920 x 1080

If you think there is a need to change some parts please let me know. (I will upgrade my CPU next year, unless I really need to upgrade now).

Thanks in advance

~Alexander

2. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 562   +11

the second system will be able to play it, though your CPU will bring the rest of the system down, would advise maybe buying a AMD Phenom II X2 for more speed if you don't want to spend much money, an AMD Phenom II X4 would be best

3. Atham

Atham TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 520

I will be getting the GPU for Christmas. Should I wait for Ivy Bridge and get a new mobo, CPU, and DVD drive, or just get a X4 for Christmas too. If the latter, then what x4?

4. mercury01

mercury01 TS Rookie

I always felt that 25+fps was pretty smooth/playable on Crysis, possibly due to the aggressive motion blur.

From the PCGH GTX 285/CPU scaling and Anandtech Intel X-25M SSD benchmarks, CPU and Hard Drive speed significantly effect minimum framerates in Crysis (up to 35% faster).

So while you can't overclock your hard drive, OCing your CPU should improve the overall performance.[​IMG]

5. Great1122

Great1122 TS Enthusiast Posts: 152

Yes both systems should be able to run AC Brotherhood, the 9800gt is a little bit worse then my HD 4850, and I have an AMD Regor 245 @ 2.9 ghz, and I can run brotherhood and revelations at 1920 x 1080 with no visual lag, so you'll be able to run it with no problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.