Will you buy a touch-screen monitor for Windows 7?

Will you get a touch screen for windows 7?

• I have a touch screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm planning to get one closer too/soon after launch of Windows 7

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I'm not planning to get a touch screen

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • I'm not upgrading to Windows 7

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

gamerguy53

I cant wait to test out multi-touch on windows 7 and will get a touch screen when they drop in price closer to launch.

Mmmmm.....Well........

No, not until someone convinces me that I'm not going to harm an expensive piece of equipment by poking and prodding the screen with fingers and styli and whatnot.

Are lousy editions of Windows like alcoholism? IE, that they skip a generation? If so bring Windows 7 on. If not, I better get moving on that 3 pack of XP, before June 30th rolls around.

?

gamerguy53 said:
I cant wait to test out multi-touch on windows 7 and will get a touch screen when they drop in price closer to launch.

What is Windows 7 ? News to me.
Do you mean IExplorer 7 ?
Anyhoo i have greasy fingers and wet from holding my drinks.

I would probably knock down the LCD by accident and damage it. :p

I wouldn't, heck, I'm getting my first LCD monitor for my Birthday. There'll probably be windows 8 and stuff when I get one.

I might not even upgrade to it. I'll probably just get into Vista once it's released!:p

I've been reading about this on some other sites with user comments, after touch screen was unveiled in that Windows 7 demo there has been talk of when Apple was going to have an OS with it. Discussion seemed to lean towards why would you need this? I really can't think of any app I use on any platform that would benefit with touch screen. I can see it working and being like a mouse and taps being like clicking, but at least with a mouse and keyboard you can rest your arms somewhere, holding my arm up to the screen all day would get tiring. I also can't see through my hand, so I'd be blocking part of the screen all the time I was prodding around up there.

Yes, I agree, I don't see it being usefull, at all. Gaming wouldn't benefit, and as you said no applications would benefit as far as I know. The only thing this COULD be useful for would be for locations that have computers and internet access, so that they don't have to take up room with the keyboard and mouse. Even then, I don't see it being too good.

To SNGX1275

Where can i see this demo.? Thanks.
=====================
I think touch screen would be something for business presentations and use a
rubber tipped pointer,like my teacher did.
It's possible touch screen might be a projection similar to a movie projector.

I've been using ubuntu and xp, Aside the testing I am doing at work with vistas speech recognition , other then that If i can get every thing to work the way I want to work in ubuntu then I will stick with it and only keep a a windows machine to have games on hopfully my Xp machine.

captaincranky said:
You mean like, "our software maximizes your hardwear".;) :evil:

Now look how carried away we are getting with this...someone could make a packet out of the new scratch and sniff.

lol, no I mean you do things with your mouse, which controls things on screen which you are doing to your virtual partner.

Lately i´ve been using the 32"LCD TV at home for my primary Monitor ... I dont see myself using a touchscreen anytime soon...
How comfortable can one sit and use a touchscreen....???

Cheers

It doesn't, I imagine if you could rub places on your screen it would be more immersive.

LOL

Will you buy a touch-screen monitor for Windows 7?

No. Plain and simple. I think some people are taking immersion too far. It's like the Wii. I like the Wii, have nothing against it. I like my PS3 and PC. I use my Playstation and PC as my primary means for gaming. But, now we have Sony and MS bringing out Wii-Mote type accesories for the PS3 and X360, while they don't interest me and I doubt I will get one, I will care if Sony and MS chose to use motion sensing as the primary input on their next consoles.

And with Windows 7 I don't want to tap and poke at my monitor. It's lame with a PDA/Smart Phone. Even if the screen is bigger it'll still be lame. Just some gimmick MS are hoping people will buy into. I'll be using XP well into my last years on earth if they follow on with this and make Windows touch only one day. I just watched that video. It failed to shift my opinion although the keyboard was pretty novelty.

As a demonstration of what to expect from Windows 7, this left a lot to be desired. Multitouch is fun to play with, but it doesn't appear any more useful today than it did when Surface was first demoed. In devices with limited form factors (smartphones being the canonical example) it certainly seems to have a lot to offer, but for a regular desktop or laptop PC, the benefits are far from obvious.

My opinion in a nutshell.

wouldn't it be good for art. i mean just try to draw a circle with a mouse without using a circle making tool and who knows maybe even 3d animation could be easier with a touch screen but other than that i don't know umm youuu coouuullllddd uuuuu make sssss... uu nooo ummmm a uuuu ooohhhh oh i know you could use a virtual rubix cube easier, maybe...

Well, that's why they invented tablets. I'm already close enough to that. I've got my trusty tablet with me, helping me do flash animations. But a virtual rubricks cube sounds like a potential M$ game. But then again, I would probably break the screen trying to play it. I like jtickner1's opinion, but I still like my iPaq. (It plays mp3s.)

I might get one, if it has REALLY cool(and useful) feature(s). Maybe for graphic stuffs.

Straight out NO! Im primarily a gamer and I dont think that a touch screen is going to help me play CoD or Diablo.

Back