TechSpot

Win32/Zbot.G, Trojan horse Cryptic.BGF and Trojan horse Cryptic.BGI

By cookielover
Aug 31, 2011
  1. I just did an AVG scan on my acer aspire one netbook with windows xp and it came up with 1244 infections. The vast majority of them say "virus identifies Win32/Zbot.G" and some of them say "Trojan horse Cryptic.BGF" or "Trojan horse Cryptic.BGI".
    I have no clue whatsoever what steps I should take now, and have limited comuputer knowledge, but hopefully enough to follow any steps I need to take to clean up my computer. I have disabled my internet and am posting this on another PC in the house. Please help me!

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,897   +344

Welcome aboard [​IMG]

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
    • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
    • Click Start
    • IMPORTANT! UN-check Remove found threats
    • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    • Check Scan archives
    • Click Start
    • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    • When the scan completes, push List of found threats
    • Click on Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

3. cookielover

cookielover TS Rookie Topic Starter

Before you replied, I made AVG get rid of the infections, but they keep coming back. Should I still do what you said?

4. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,897   +344

Yes.........

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.