TechSpot

Win32/Zbot.G, Trojan horse Cryptic.BGF and Trojan horse Cryptic.BGI

Inactive
By cookielover
Aug 31, 2011
  1. I just did an AVG scan on my acer aspire one netbook with windows xp and it came up with 1244 infections. The vast majority of them say "virus identifies Win32/Zbot.G" and some of them say "Trojan horse Cryptic.BGF" or "Trojan horse Cryptic.BGI".
    I have no clue whatsoever what steps I should take now, and have limited comuputer knowledge, but hopefully enough to follow any steps I need to take to clean up my computer. I have disabled my internet and am posting this on another PC in the house. Please help me!

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,992   +271

Welcome aboard [​IMG]

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
    • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
    • Click Start
    • IMPORTANT! UN-check Remove found threats
    • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    • Check Scan archives
    • Click Start
    • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    • When the scan completes, push List of found threats
    • Click on Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

3. cookielover

cookielover TS Rookie Topic Starter

Before you replied, I made AVG get rid of the infections, but they keep coming back. Should I still do what you said?

4. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,992   +271

Yes.........

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.