Win7 bsod minidump interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dojo

Hi All,

It looks like this community is a great one to ask. I've been suffering through many bluescreens and a few versions of windows now. I've seen:

bad pool caller
bad memory management
irq not less than or equal
PFN list corrupt
page fault in non paged area

i've replaced pretty much the entire computer at this point troubleshooting this

ram, psu, mobo, graphics card, hard drives, raid controller, etc.

i've pasted my debug log from the minidump here:

please help if you can! this is driving me up the wall.

thanks!

OS info:

win7 ultimate 32 bit

ok i had to take the link out. what's the best way to show you the log contents?

pastie.org/846392

there hope that worked. that contains my debug log.

thanks in advance!

Here is some more info windows spat out since it bluescreened while i was trying to post :)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 00000002
BCP2: 000A78C9
BCP3: 000DFF8F
BCP4: 00000008
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

is it correct to assume that the culprit is : SiWinAcc.sys

since that's in the section for

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
SiWinAcc+ada
8c351ada ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 9

SYMBOL_NAME: SiWinAcc+ada

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: SiWinAcc

IMAGE_NAME: SiWinAcc.sys

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

ok just updated the raid driver for this product. noticed this in the device manager driver details:

7820_channel1.png

5670_channel0.png

seems like my replacement drive is only operating at SATA1 speeds. could this be caused by the driver? it was supposed to be an exact replacement.

also to describe the problem a bit more:

i replaced my original gigabyte motherboard with an asus board, and I am still seeing the same issues & bluescreens. both boards have identical south bridge / northbridge chipsets. (G31/ICH7).

Furthermore, after the replacement the computer ran perfect for about 2 weeks. Then the bluescreens started.

i will continue posting minidumps and inspecting them when i can, my gut is telling me that this recertified replacement motherboard is having issues. I am hoping to confirm this, and am looking for a way to pinpoint this on a hardware issue.

Memory Corruption issues, normally, are difficult to decipher. From an historical perspective, user-mode processes with their own virtual address space and separation of user-mode & kernel mode were designed/meant to provide isolated environment for program (code), so that badly coded (programs), e.g. which could cause a memory corruption, was not able to severely affect other running programs, however, ASP.net/Web Services etc. made different components run in the same process (again). Despite the fact that this method has benefits, but problem lies in different software sharing a common address space, which means when memory corruption does occurs, the whole process get affected. Hence the difficulty in determining which component is at fault.

Anyway, here is your minidump's brief analysis:

1. 0xD1 = Memory Corruption; BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT (FF)

2. 0xD1 = Memory Corruption; BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

3. 1000008E; Minidumps just hangs-up in Windbg (not sure what the hec is going on here, but I'll try to figure it out tommorrow evening).

4. 0x8E = SiWinAcc.sys (SATALink Accelerator Driver)

5. Minidumps just hangs-up in Windbg (not sure what the hec is going on here, but I'll try to figure it out tommorrow evening).

6. 0x8E; VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT; Module = hardware ;

It will be difficult to find root cause of this whole thing, but good place to start with is testing your system's RAM, you can do that with memtest, let it run for 12+ passes; probably there may be just one stick which could turn out to be bad; but anyway its a guess at this moment.

Stable for about 8 hours now hope it sticks. Memtest had problems with the low latency. Upped to normal Spd ratings. Will post new minidumps as they occur thanks a ton for the insight!

I think I remember reading something once about g31 chipset problems with low latency ram

All of the stop messages that you outlined in your first post, I experienced not long ago. You had exactly the same Blue Screens as me.
How did i get rid of them?
I ran memtest 86+ and obtained over 500 errors on test 5. BEWARE though, sometime memtest can run for hours without any errors at all, so it's best to carry this test out straight after a bluescreen or just as soon as you're swithching on your computer (morning). Be sure to run many tests at different times. If you've got errors, or you system locks up during the test, chances are high that you've got Bad RAM.
Luckily for me my RAM was under warranty, and i had it replaced without much hassle.

Finally, check that your ram settings are set to their normal Manufacturer settings. Having the wrong timings can also cause BSOD's.

no bluescreens for 24 hours now. although i did have a program crash for referencing memory in an improper area.

also, this RAM is also already RMA replacement ram because the first 2 sticks were bad.

I hope that this ram is bad, and not the motherboard. i'll keep posting updates, hopefully it helps someone else out.

thanks to all who contributed thus far!

6560_full3Gb.png

turns out that seagate recertified RMA replacement drive is operating at half speed for unknown reasons. raid controller has no problems pulling full 3.0Gbps through another sata II drive. perhaps this is causing the raid driver to crash as well.

Seagate? I guess you meant Western Digital (WD) probably (perhaps check their site for any driver update in this regard). I am unsure about any usefulness of Soft RAID etc. on end user desktop boards. Please keep us posted about your memtest results as well.

no, i meant seagate. as you can see in the first couple images i posted, the raid is composed of two seagate 320gig drives. one operating at 1.5gbps(half speed RMA replacement) and one at 3.0gbps.

the WD drive you see in that last image is hooked up to the raid controller's channel 1 - proving that the controller card can provide 3.0gbps on channel 1, and it is the seagate RMA replacement drive which is incorrectly operating at half speed. ( its not drive jumper settings either ).

the soft raid works great actually, this raid0 set is only for gaming, and it provides almost twice the bandwidth for loading games. (115 MBps average continuous read, benchmarked with HD tune pro).

although i will say that my next motherboard will have the raid controller onboard, i haven't been thrilled with the driver support. (installing the "new" driver does not replace all the drivers used, I had to replace some manually)

anyways back to the memory haven't had a bluescreen in 48 hours now, but memory issues are still present. i'm going to try increasing the voltage a little bit to try and stabilize the memory.

Well lets keep the fingers crossed and I hope memory stays stable without re-occurrence of BSODs. I haven't been able to find something which explains that sata speed issue; however, have you tried to utilize another sata onboard connector for this hdd and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back