WinDbg Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdavis

I have been lurking the site for a bit trying to find answers to my problems, I have found a few but this one has eluded me.

I have just recently installed WinDbg and have been trying to interpret my minidumps. Some I have been able to see and some I haven't. The ones I haven't been able to see I have left WinDbg running for 30 plus minutes trying to let it run to pull up the info with no luck. The other minidumps that I can see, I cannot pull them up a second time. If I close it and then reopen WinDbg at a later time the crash dump will not reopen to let me view it a second time. Can someone tell me how do I get these files to reopen?

Attach the minidumps

Hi,

Zip the minidumps here and put an comment to describle which minidumps cannot be accessed. If your windows is W2K at SP4, microsoft does not have the symbols of NT kernel symbols.

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

Zip the minidumps here and put an comment to describle which minidumps cannot be accessed. If your windows is W2K at SP4, microsoft does not have the symbols of NT kernel symbols.

Sorry I forgot to mention I run Windows XP Home with SP2. The last minidump
I was able to copy and paste it to a word document. The few that I could read I saw the line that said " Probably caused by : naiavf5x.sys ( naiavf5x+2094 ". Naiavf5x is the Mcafee antivirus filter, so I uninstalled Mcafee to see if that my problem. I attached the word document of the last dump. However it will not allow me to attach the dmp file.

Sorry for being a noob but I cannot figure out how to zip them when I right click on the minidump it asks if I want to compress to an Rar file and email. My comp has not crashed since I uninstalled Mcafee however so I believe I got the problem taken care of.

Thanks. I have already uninstalled my Mcafee and I am running AVG now. Im up to 3 days without a BSOD (I used to crash daily) so hopefully my good luck will continue. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back