Windows 7 blue screen

By yukira
May 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I've been recently getting a blue screen after my computer
    updates. I'm not sure if it's the updates or the new mcafee update
    but everytime it updates I get crashes and when I system restores
    it fixes it but the process starts over again once it updates.

here's the
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF88001D410D3
    BCP3: FFFFF88002F85798
    BCP4: FFFFF88002F85000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

thanks for the help
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

Can you please post minidump with your next post for analysis. You can find those in C:\windows\minidump.

Please zip the files (in case you have multiple dumps). Regards
  3. yukira

yukira Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 23

Is this the minidump? I'm not quite sure.

Attached Files:

4. Archean

BSOD was caused by Realtek driver [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)]. The driver file involved is RTL8192u.sys, which is for Realtek RTL8192U Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.

Please uninstall your currently installed realtek driver, then remove any traces of it with Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (Both free) and download latest driver from realtek and install it.

Please keep me posted about your progress.
  5. yukira

So it's having conflict with the mcafee system I installed because the driver's bad or?
    Thank you I will try tomorrow.
  6. Archean

I am unsure about mcafee being the issue here; but frankly it isn't the best AV out there, if possible consider replacing it with other solutions.

Please keep us updated about the results of my above recommendations. Regards
  7. yukira

Is this the sound system? the realtek high definition audio driver?
  8. Archean

Please re-read my post at # 4; as pointed out the BSOD was caused by RealTek wireless USB adapter.

Kindly follow the suggestion as given, and let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards
  9. yukira

I'm looking through my programs and I can't find that program. I don't think I installed it, is this a wireless program? Unless it's a D-link wireless usb, because that's the only thing I'm using to connect to the internet. Sorry I'm not really sure what this program is so I don't even know where it is to remove it
  10. Archean

Ah, you are using USB Wireless device (probably a realtek one) to connect with internet?

I guess in that case, it would be prudent if you can give me details about that device e.g. make/model number/currently installed driver version etc. So I can see whether there are new drivers available for it.

You should be able to get driver related information from the software which you use to connect this device with internet.
  11. yukira

Yes I'm using a wireless one.
    It's a D-link DWA-130, uh I don't know how to look for the verison but I don't think I've updated the drivers.
    Draft 802.11 N
    Um Verison 2.0
    H/W ver: C1 F/W Ver: 1.20

Since the only realtek program I see at the moment is my audio thing that's why I'm a bit confused.

12. Archean

Strangely enough when i looked for info on that driver, the driver is listed for wireless device from realtek. But I have came across countless times here where their audio driver has been causing this.

Did you have any more BSODs / minidumps?

Also, please uninstall your currently installed realtek drivers, then remove any left over files with Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro. Then download the latest version from your motherboard vendor and install it.
  13. yukira

Nope that's all I have for mini dumps right after the bluescreen when I'm in safe mode. This only happens when i've updated the mcafee program but at the moment i've uninstalled it and system restored so everything's working fine. So it's a bit weird.

So should I reinstall the realtek audio and the d-link? or just one of them?
  14. Archean

First proceed with installation of d-link driver, please ensure that you have run driver cleaner pro or driver sweeper to get rid of any left over files.
  15. yukira

okay i've tried the uninstallation and reinstallation of the d-link driver
    and then the installation of mcafee
    and it didn't work it still gave me the same bluescreen problem.
  16. Archean

please post your minidumps, that may be helpful. Regards
  17. yukira

here's the minidump from yesterday.

Attached Files:

18. Archean

0x7E, caused by RTL8192u.sys. It is the same realtek driver we've been talking about.
  19. yukira

so should I try the realtek audio?
    because that's the only one that I have that's realtek
    nothing else I use is realtek?
    RTL8192u.sys
    i've also searched up and i do see that file.

It's weird cuz it functions fine when i'm not using mcafee.
  20. Archean

As I suggested earlier uninstall all realtek drivers, and use Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner pro (freely available, just search for them); to clear out any remaining files from these drivers. Once you have done that, pause for a bit and see whether the system stabilizes.
  21. yukira

But how will I reinstall those drivers? Since I have no idea where it came from?
  22. Archean

Give us your motherboard's make/model number etc. and we'll find you updated drivers for that board.
  23. yukira

Um it's a HP computer model p6228p
    Prcoessor: AMD Athlon(tm) II x4 620 Processor
  24. yukira

Hey I'm looking around my computer and I found the Realtek RTL8192U NDIS Driver
    it's under Lan Driver
    But I've looked at the HP site and they don't have the programs
    I was wondering if there's a way I can use the HP support Assistant to fix it?

- Thanks.

edit*
    would this be the link for it? http://www.wireless-driver.com/down...eless-usb-network-adapter-windows-drivers.htm
    Or should I download it from the realtek website?
  25. Archean

The link you provided seems to be the same driver which is causing you the issues. Please note that these are beta drivers for windows 7. Hence Realtek's own site should provided better solution. Also these seems to be much recent mature drivers. Don't forget to follow the instructions given in the above posts before you proceed with the installation of new drivers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.