Windows 7 critical internal error after timezone change

My name's Nick and I was hoping to get help on an issue I'm currently having with my laptop. I was doing a project for school and I needed to know the time in China. So I changed my timezone, and as I closed the window I noticed a pop up window saying something along the lines of "windows has encountered a critical internal error and will restart in one minute, please save your work."

I've tried starting my computer on safe mode w/networking but I get the same error, only safe mode works. I have homework due today, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you change the time zone back to yours and restart? You could try a Windows start up repair after correcting the time zone

I tried system restore in safe mode, but it said it failed. But when I chose "repair your computer" from the startup options, I tried system restore from the menu that came up and it completed successfully. So at this point it seems to be running ok. Thank you very much for the help.

To: HellOnWheels357

Hello Nick!

I got that message about the critical error also. I had never seen it before and I have had this computer for three years.

What I did was just wait and sure enough in about a minute, the computer shut itself down and cycled back on and rebooted and everything seems to be fine now.

I do have a 23-inch screen all-in-one desktop computer which I believe is bluetooth enabled. I don't know if that had anything to do with what happened to get me running again or not.

But the Windows Program seemed to take control and solve the issue . . . for now, anyway.

Back