TechSpot

Windows 7 Family Pack pricing leaks

By Jos
Jul 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speculation about a Family Pack for Windows 7 began mounting last week when a couple of sites noted references to it in the licensing agreement of a recently-leaked build. Now, thanks to a couple of reliable (if careless) online retailers, the plan has been confirmed along with the expected price. As noted by ZDNet’s Ed Bott, the listings are particularly convincing as they contain a Universal Product Code, the number which appears on barcodes and is unique to each product.

Read the whole story
  2. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

OK so I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit and want Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. On another PC I want Vista HP- 7 HP 32 bit. and on a Laptop I want Vista HP- 7 Starter. (32Bit) I bet I can't get that on a 3 pack licence.
  3. OneArmedScissor

OneArmedScissor Newcomer, in training Posts: 49

If they offer a family Ultimate upgrade, you could, as those should have a downgrade license. Of course, that's not going to cost $140.

I'm curious if they'll offer larger packages with better discounts. I could use 5, and that's not even remotely out of the ordinary considering how prevalent laptops are now.
  4. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

If I can get 3 copys of untimate at under £150 then I will. I got my copy of untimate for £100 and that was cheap. Ive got until the 7 RC Runs out so...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.