Windows 7 freezing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesurvivor190

i have a very good system: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. 6 gb ddr3 ram, asus p6t deluxe v2 motherboard, coolermaster, ati radeon hd 5870 3.8 gb. However, it freezes up and programs do not respond sometimes for no reason. For example, just earlier, i was copying some files while typing in microsoft word 2007. It froze, and i opened task manager, it later unfroze but was kinda laggy. However, task manager showed no spikes in cpu usage or anything what is the problem?

Check you system's logs to see whether something useful is being recorded in them.

You can check these by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewr (specially focus on system and application logs); and let us know if you find something suspicious. Regards

Could be bad hardware. What did you add prior? Did you just installed something after this happen. Check the logs but sometimes that's not enough. I had the same issue it was bad NIC on the motherboard. The logs won't tell you that. disable your network card and repeat what you were doing if it doesn't free then the NIC is okay. Could be memory, video CPU, PSU or even the motherboard. Did you scan for viruses an such.

my computer freezes too....i'm using win7 32 bit....

suprisingly it shows 'the blue screen of death'. after i restarted it, it shows me the info below as the caused...

C:\Windows\Minidump\041710-20046-01.dmp

hopefully some kind soul out there could help me identify the error...

@suzy
Please start your own thread, and post that minidump for analysis/advice.

@thesuvivor
It will be prudent if you take some time, and go through all logs, make a summary (Event ID's it is mentioning with which associated processes/files etc) of them and post it here, so we can be in better position to advise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back