Windows 7 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hi everyone,

As a lot of vista users know, Vista has some problem with old Application, Games etc and as I heard Windows 7 is more efficient that Vista so I would like to know if on Windows there is still those problems?

Thanks in advance for any help
amagnien

Windows 7

Microsoft just made the beta versions available on 12/3/08 for "technology enthusiasts, developers, and IT Pros." For everyone else, the company recommends waiting until the final release. The final version is not expected until approximately end of 2009.

I know about that Thanks but I would like to know from who has test the beta and know if they got that problem or no more...

Windows 7 you say

Never heard of it.Is this advertised anywhere i can read about it.
You don't mean Internet Explorer 7 do you ?
:confused:

It's built on Vista. I heard that it is actually very similar to Vista in that anything that works on Vista will work on Windows 7 and anything that will not work on Vista will not work on Windows 7. Also, some of the useful features of Windows 7 will apparently be ported back to Vista through patches and possibly Service Pack 2.

All in all, it seems like just an upgrade on Vista, sort of like Win98 was to Win95. And we all know that Win98 (SE, especially) was a good deal better than Win95, so we can expect Windows 7 to be better than Vista, even with all the similarities.

It's built on Vista. I heard that it is actually very similar to Vista in that anything that works on Vista will work on Windows 7 and anything that will not work on Vista will not work on Windows 7. Also, some of the useful features of Windows 7 will apparently be ported back to Vista through patches and possibly Service Pack 2.

All in all, it seems like just an upgrade on Vista, sort of like Win98 was to Win95. And we all know that Win98 (SE, especially) was a good deal better than Win95, so we can expect Windows 7 to be better than Vista, even with all the similarities.

Yeah but Microsoft mentioned that lot of internal changes has been given to Windows 7 for it to work more application well.

Yeah but Microsoft mentioned that lot of internal changes has been given to Windows 7 for it to work more application well.

Yes and no. What they are really saying is that driver software and Vista compatible software will not undergo any major changes in Windows 7. In other words, if it works in Vista, it will "most likely" work in Windows 7 with no problems.

This is in effect a placebo....The Mojave effect if you will. People hated vista(for no reason) , therefore Microsoft rebranded it. Of course there are some changes, but it is mostly the same as Vista. I laugh when I heard the great reviews windows7 is getting, as this proves that people has a definite agenda against vista.

I also think it is an attempt by MS to blind-side people. Vista has not sold well (or at any rate has not been installed very much), so they make it look like a new OS (i.e change the interface mostly), and then they can charge all over again for what is really Vista SP2....or am I just an old cynic ?

Its just going to be a better optimized Vista from what I gather.

As far as answering the question in this thread, I think MetalX got it right. If it doesn't work in Vista its not going to work in 7 (as far as apps/games). If it does work in Vista it should work in 7, but it may not.

This is a really stupid question, but...

In Windows 7, in my start menu, I have two links in the left pane for Documents. When I right-click to delete them, I see no option for deletion. I have disabled the two options for displaying all recently opened programs and items. Does anyone know how I can delete these two things from my start menu? I'll attach a pic to show you guys. Please help me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
Yeah I finally download the Build 7000 and i'm using it as only(primary) OS. It is largely different in terms of performance than Vista and XP. I found it very fluid OS and respond well. I think MS make some changes in the resources gestion. The style is very nice and I like the taskbar as it helps a lot for founding everything and it does not take lot of place when you have lot of program open.

To dsphantom5927
Normally it should have something for delete as for me I have it but for my program I recently open. Maybe due it is Documents then you can't do it but have you try to open some new program and check if it put the program in the list?

DaMak420, try right clicking on the driver file and select "troubleshoot compatibility", go through the procedure, and hopefully it will install then. At least my X-Fi drivers did without any further problem.

DaMak420, try right clicking on the driver file and select "troubleshoot compatibility", go through the procedure, and hopefully it will install then. At least my X-Fi drivers did without any further problem.

Thanks! that was a nice easy fix!!!

No, I didn't see anything. No delete, no remove, and no unpin.
Have you right-clicked on it (or both)? That should bring up your removal options.

I have Xp Pro at Home and Vista at work. Gotta say, Win7 is pretty much Vista only maybe a bit better optimized...a bit. A few more extras, one I particularly like is it's self troubleshooting feature. Example: For me, it seemed a little bloated in terms of what was loaded in start ups and services, so I trimmed it back a little and disabled a bunch of stuff I figured unneccessary or unwanted (still is a bit of a resource hog - 32% of my memory was being "used" just during idle). I guess I went on a spree for when I reboot there was some items I apparently disabled but needed. Win7 (when I envoked the use of the items), instead of just popping up an error message, self-diagnosed/troubleshot the problem, turned the service back on and problem solved...without any need of me to be involved. Pretty nice feature. Makes me want to turn off even more stuff so that I could use that process to only turn on what I need/want :p

As for Vista...meh, it's okay. For me personnally, I prefer Xp...but I certainly don't loathe Vista. I am also willing to hang with Win7 throughout the beta test period. Vista seems to be getting a bad rap like WinME did several years back when it was released, only ME was pretty bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back