TechSpot

Windows 7 RC1 expires on June, reboots next month

By Julio Franco
Feb 2, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Windows 7 craze started early last year when the first public beta of the operating system became available. Then in May the thing took an enormous momentum boost with the first and only release candidate that saw the light outside of Redmond. Today I keep running RC1 on my main workstation and a couple of laptops in spite of having bought licenses for all those machines months ago. For some reason I tend to believe I'm not alone in this situation.

Read the whole story
  2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,849   +679

4. isamuelson

isamuelson TS Rookie Posts: 96

Sheesh, go buy a copy like most honest people.
  5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

umm, okay...is that to imply that those using the RC1 that Microsoft let out and said we can use until June 1 are dishonest?
  6. Honest? HA! I wonder what will happen to RTM, should i look for new torrent or sit with RTM?
  7. isamuelson

isamuelson TS Rookie Posts: 96

Never said people still using the RC1 are dishonest, but I'm seeing people posting frowns and other things as if this were news. It's not.
  8. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

I thought I had longer... stupid textbooks cost me 600 bucks already. Oh well, back to Vista for a little bit I guess.
  9. maestromasada

maestromasada TS Rookie Posts: 97

I just will flash the BIOS when times comes
  10. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

Get the student 7 HP or Pro for $30, I think that deal still applies. There were news articles and discussions about it here.
  11. That deal($30) has expired as of Jan 2md or 3rd.. The new deal for students is a $65 or $70 deal for win 7 pro or HP..

12. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

deleted my RC1 partition a long time ago... loving Ultimate x64
  13. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 876   +22

Never went to 7. Still on XP/Vista even tho I have a free legitamite copy. Too bad there's no upgrade path from the RC, just like none officially from xp. Perhaps Microsoft rushed this one too. I spent my time going to linux, and it's much better than the mac for my purposes of safe surfing. Thanks, Techspot, for having malware free articles that render linux no more than a hobby.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.