Windows 7 surround sound problem help

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is kind of an odd problem......with the realtek 5.1 surround sound...anytime i try and turn on the surround sound.....the back speakers are really extra low....so i cant really hear anything...but if i go in and set sound effects to room...then they all work.fine besides the sound being off a little bit..when i had windows xp this wasn't a problem...can anyone give me any idea on what i am missing

Are you using the latest Realtek drivers available from you motherboards manufacturer- I assume the sound is onboard or motherboard daughter card (SupremeFX or similar)

did the sound become low when playing music or when u "test" the all the rear speakers in the realtek control panel?

if the sound is low while playing music there is no solution except using other software to upmix the stereo music. because realtek built in "speakers fill" is kinda crappy.

yup i have the latest drivers i could find for realtek the R243 drivers.....i have a offbrand intel motherboard so it will take me a bit of looking to find the make and model info

hmm if the sound is low while playing music such as mp3s then check this out :
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1314406

it should be superior to the dolby prologic IIx or speaker fill that realtek supplies. but, if the problem lies in the realtek itself, i cannot help.

one more thing, do you set your rear speakers to "rear" or "side"? cause 5.1 only supports side, rear is meant for 7.1

Same problem ... almost

Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and have a similar problem. I purchased a new computer and am using Windows 7. My Creative 5.1 5200 is plugged into the on board sound card and all works fine when running the test sounds including the center speaker. Unfortunately, the back speakers do not work when playing back my music files (mp3's and WMA's). Any suggestions?

please check out the link posted above. mp3s is stereo (2 channel), you need to upmix it to get 5 channel sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back