Windows 7 won't accept graphics card

I partitioned my hard drive today and split it into two, one containing Windows Vista and the new partition containing Windows 7. I booted up the Windows 7 partition for the first time and the colors were all weird, and it appeared to be a graphics card problem. I decided to update the drivers, and got the most recent ones. I installed the drivers and rebooted and everything, but it was still the same weird color. It's a problem with my graphics card, because when I go to Device Manager, it has a yellow triangle by the graphics card, and when clicked upon the properties, it gives Code 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." I have no idea what to do, and I hope someone on here does. Thanks for the help.

My computer:
-Nvidia Gefore 8800 GTX
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 GHz

The graphics card may not be able to run Windows 7 as the Windows Aero interface needs DX10 or DX11 to operate correctly

If you get a code 43 with both Vista and Win7 then it's R.I.P. graphics card. I presume you are limited to 800x600 VGA output. Is the card's fan spinning up?
If you get the code 43 on Win7 only then that would indicate you haven't updated/loaded the motherboards chipset drivers.

The 8-series video cards are DX10 compatible.
@shadowgunner9, it would be good if you could post a screenshot.
BTW going by your description and as dividebyzero mentioned most probably and quite unfortunately your GPU has died :(

graphics

Instead of using Device Manager's driver updater, go directly to the video card manufacturer's website for the driver.

Back