TechSpot

Windows 8 build 7989 screenshots posted, full build leaked

By Emil
Jun 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Update: It's been confirmed that Build 7989 has been leaked on torrent sites. If you are wondering if the new touch UI is part of the leak, it's not, so…

Read the whole story
  2. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

That's not a screenshot, it's a picture from a camera. Well, I guess you could call it a screenshot, but it's not from within the OS itself. For all we know someone just snapped this with a DSLR at a press event or something.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I reserve every right to formulate a final opinion about this software based on partial screen shot!

In fact I will uninstall Windows 7 and load up Windows Me to spite Microsoft!
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,068   +39

lolwut

Windows ME, really?
  5. pabloker

pabloker TS Rookie

Windows ME lol
  6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Did you really took the time to write an entire comment arguing over stupid, trivial semantics? And this is the first time I've heard someone say there might be a press event where pre-alpha builds of an operating system is shown to the public...

Anyway, the leak does look to be imminent. And hopefully it is imminent; it will make people realize that, besides the hybrid UI, there's nothing significantly new to make the jump. It is, indeed, too early to judge, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
  7. OMG, how different. It is worth every penny.

*sarcams mode overheat*
  8. I hope Windows 8 won't be Windows Millennium 3.
  9. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 967   +97

Bulldozer as advertised, Windows 8, SSD's (Sata III and PCIe), X79 motherboards and CPU's... life could be good.
  10. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 967   +97

The full build string is "7989.winmain.110421-1825.615974c7346f7374" meaning that this build was compiled at 6:25PM on April 21, 2011.

If true, looks kind of old (April?). Mind you I usually don't pay attention to the dates.
  11. The build is confirmed. its more of a Frankenstein build though as it has the bootloader from 7850 but it is windows 8. It has a full aero lite with transparency and it has hints of the touch ui and appx all over it

12. Emin3nce

Emin3nce TS Rookie Posts: 129

Well, here's for one:

From that badly captured 'screen shot' I can already deduce that it's better than Mac OS. Oh wait, I didn't need a screenshot to tell that.

Hey Macbro's u mad?
  13. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

I am a bit confused on all the hate about this stuff. Why? I remember back when XP came out I 'got ahold' of early versions. How is that any different than now?
  14. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

The semantics aren't trivial. I used the fact that it wasn't an in-OS screenshot to deduce that a leak probably wasn't imminent, as there are ways of obtaining a camera picture of the screen without actually having a copy to leak.

That said, I'll eat my words, since apparently it has leaked.
  15. jckjs1993

jckjs1993 TS Rookie

windows os is not good enough.
    Mac OS X Lion will be the OS to wait for!!!
  16. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 680   +46

Max OS X Lion is turning the mac one step closer into an Ipad =p As a gamer, windows 7 is amazing =p =p =p =p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.