Windows 8 security

By drensmith
Jan 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ok,,im getting windows 8 tomorrow, my question is,for security, what do I need to disable , and how do I do it? I know about printers ftp to disable and remote help...but dont know where disabler is. any help?
  2. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

What do you mean, to disable? Disabling security features in Windows 8 is putting your computer on the line for viral & malware attacks. :confused:
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,411   +281

I think he means disable potential ways of entry. Although I would think out of the box Win 8 is pretty secure...
  4. Jay Pfoutz

Windows 8 is fairly secure, however, it does have many flaws.

I think a start then, would be to not allow Remote Assistance and not allow Remote Desktop Connections, always have to enter a password to get into the Desktop, and general sense. Some of the common sense things to do for Windows 8 is to not download questionable apps in the Windows Store (only download from trusted providers), don't roam the internet without antivirus & firewall, keep User Account Control on, and don't click on questionable links.
  5. drensmith

drensmith Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 86

Yes, thats what I ment,,(disableing potental enteries),,,,,where are the
    remote desktop enteries?
  6. Jay Pfoutz

Try this link to TechNoon. It's the only trusted tutorial I could find. :)
  7. drensmith

drensmith Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 86

Thanx,,sorry bout the delay
    DragonMaster Jay likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.