windows keeps rebooting

By bruised
May 23, 2005
  1. dear experts,

my new pc keeps rebooting, at first with bsods (Bad_pool_header) but after ii reformatted and reinstalled winxp, it just keeps rebooting without the bsods.

i've attached the last 4 messages from the event viewer and also a hijackthis log file.

My configurations are:

AMD 64 2.8+ghz
    ABIT kv8 pro
    512mb ram
    128mb radeon 9550
    120gb WD (8MB)[Master]
    120gb Seagate (8MB)[Slave]
    48X TDK cd-burner
    16x Asus DVD
    creative pci sound card

thanks for the help!
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Can you get into safe mode? Disable automatic reboot on crash to see the BSODs - System Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery->System failure. Untick the automatic restart check box.
  3. bruised

bruised TS Rookie Topic Starter

btw, this reboot happens intermittently, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after just 45 minutes or so of use...
  4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

if your board had overheat cpu protection disable it
  5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Just in case, your HJT-log is clean.

Have you overclocked anything?
    The PC being new, did you install all the mobo-drivers from the CD?
    Apply thermal paste between CPU and CPU-cooler?
  6. bruised

bruised TS Rookie Topic Starter

Samstoned: wouldn't it be risky turning off the option?

realblackstuff: nope, not overclocked as far as i know...installed all the drivers from the cd- m/b drivers, vga drivers...

didn't use any thermal paste, cos there was a layer of sticky stuff from the plastic i tore off the fan (it came in a box with the cpu), and amd only recommends thermal paste for short use, if i remember correctly- too lazy to unattach and reattach the cpu again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.