TechSpot

Windows-no Disk

By boa1
May 10, 2007
  1. When I start up my ThinkPad and it finishes up on the desk top a message appears: windows-no disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 475b6bf9c 75b6bf9c. Now if I remove my Multimedia Reader and Writer ExpressCard™ F5U213 and restart, the message goes away. I did make sure that the drive ID's are not the same. Keep in mind that if I restart with a SD card in reader its fine no message. If I remove SD and restart the message comes back. Any thoughts?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Looks like some program is trying to access that SD card at startup.. Maybe see if the Event Log has any more clues?

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

check your BIOS to ensure it is not trying to boot off a usb or external device first. Ensure it is booting off your hd first. or cd rom, then hd.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There seems to be a spate of this going around at the moment.

See this post HERE for some possible causes and solutions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

5. boa1

boa1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Windows-no disc

Thank you for your input. I will hopefully let you know next week after I discuss this with Belkin. They are aware of this.

6. boa1

I took howard suggestion and removed the windows updates listed. Now only the "windows- no disc" is showing up, but now with no "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 475b6bf9c 75b6bf9c" codes showing up.

7. boa1

Problem cured. It was a Polaroid camera driver. Got rid of it and its GONE!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.