Windows no disk problem. Someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loves160

Greetings all,
For abount a week now I keep getting this message - Windows no disk. Exception processing message. c0000013 parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c - appearing on my screen. It only appears once the computer boots up and after clicking cancel about a dozen times it disappears. Can someone tell me whats causing this and how to fix it please!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From a quick Google search, it seems this error has 3 main causes.

1: It`s your card reader that causing the problem.

2: It`s a recent Windows update.

3: It`s a possible malware infection.

1: Disable any card readers you have and see if the problem disappears.

2: Uninstalling XP updates KB925902 KB931261 KB930178 KB931784 & KB932168, may solve the problem. You must stop the Windows autoupdate and do manual updates until a fix is
available, otherwise the problem will reoccur.

3: Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Please let me know the results of the above suggestions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Message has now changed!

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the advice. I'm not very good with computers so I had trouble following your instructions, but I removed all the updates that you listed but I don't know how to disable the card reader or how to find it. I went into device manager and the is a yellow warning diamond on something called SCSI/RAID Host controller. Is this the card reader?

The SCSI/RAID Host controller is not your card reader.

Your card reader will show up in your device manager under disk drives. You can right click on them there and choose disable. Make sure you only disable the card reader and nothing else.

You say the message has now changed, but failed to tell me what it`s changed to.

Regards Howard :)

Sorry about that. The message has changed to - Windows no disk. There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive. Cancel, try again, continue. In my device manager if I click on the disk drives 5 devices are shown. They are called - IN-WIN iAPP HS-CF USB Device
IN-WIN iAPP HS-MS USB Device
IN-WIN iAPP SD/MMC USB Device
IN-WIN iAPP HS-SM USB Device
WDC WD800BB-00FJAO.
I can disable them all except for the last one. Do I diable them all and if so, what next?

Just disable the following and see how it goes.

IN-WIN iAPP HS-MS USB Device
IN-WIN iAPP SD/MMC USB Device
IN-WIN iAPP HS-SM USB Device

Ok, your system is infected with malware.

I have therefore moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of loves160 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back