Windows Phone 7 launch will be exclusive to AT&T in the US

By Emil
Oct 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T will be the exclusive carrier for Windows Phone 7 when it launches in the US. "Microsoft will receive the marketing support of AT&T, which will be the initial exclusive US carrier to sell the Windows Phone 7 smartphones," according to The Wall Street Journal. AT&T will initially ship three Windows Phone 7 handsets: one from Samsung, LG, and HTC.

Read the whole story
  2. Well looks like I won't get one for a while such a fail launch on a fail network the phone is already crippled
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

That sound, its not people cheering, it's air being released from the party baloons...

pbtpbtpbtpbt...
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Keep in mind this is just at launch, and this is just in the US. WP7 will spread to more carriers the following year.
  5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Why would you do that? If iPhone owners complain about anything its AT&T, why go the same route?
  6. Seriously, this is a major fail because AT&T is overwhelmed. They should have a simultaneous launch with T-Mobile. I was looking forward to this but Im not going back to AT&T.
  7. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

Whoever AT&T has negotiating these contracts has got to be the most persuasive bastard alive.
  8. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Well hey, my interest just went from minimal to none.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

haha! this made me chuckle since I was thinking the exact same thing :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.