TechSpot

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Evaluation Installation Problems

By abloch396
Jan 2, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I downloaded Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 180 day Evaluation and burned the ISO image to a CD.

Because i run Windows XP i wanted to do a new installation at system boot so i could install Server 2003 beside XP on a separate partition.

But when the installation starts and says 'Examining disks...' or 'Please wait...' it never starts again! There is CPU usage but nothing happens on the screen, and I have left it for hours at a time!

Please could someone advise me about this problem? I have tried it on my Desktop and Laptop and it happened on both! Both the Computers are compatible with the minimum requirements. :knock:

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Have you tried booting on the CD instead of installing it from within WindowsXP ?

3. abloch396

abloch396 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yup

Thats exactly what I have done - both starting from within Windows and at system boot produce the same result :confused:

i have tried installing from within windows and at system boot -they both failed :-(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.