Windows Update Notice - Be Prepared

By acidosmosis
Sep 10, 2003
  1. Microsoft Admits New Windows Problem
    (AP) - Moments before a top Microsoft executive told Congress about efforts to improve security, the company warned on Wednesday of new flaws that leave its flagship Windows software vulnerable to Internet attacks similar to the Blaster virus that infected hundreds of millions of computers last month. Microsoft urged customers to immediately apply a free repairing patch from its Web site,

If you get hit, dont say I didn't warn you :)
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

3. Hywel

Hywel TS Rookie

I got the last security patch, after getting Blasted, and am getting this one.

Would just this patch save you from MSblast as well or aren't they cumulative.
  4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

This patch doesn't cover the same flaw. This flaw is just similar to the other and can be exploited in a similar manner (From what I understand anyway)
  5. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,350

Well, most people ignore that thread because they dont know what it's about. Now they do.
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Thre are so many exploits in M$ that you would figure one patch would fix quite a few of them, but noooooo. It only fixes one until the next problem comes along, and they send out a fix for that one.
    You just need to make sure your computer is kept up to date by going to
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.